SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1971 140 has relatively new pads in the front Girling calipers. They are relatively low mileage; but, they dust like crazy and are fairly noisy. I thought they were PBR (I purchased them from IPD a couple of years ago); but, can't be sure since its been a while since they were installed and I definitely don't have the box that they came in hanging around. Because of the dusting and noise, I would like to try something different.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good pad? Vehicle use falls into the category of moderately spirited urban driving. Definitely not a track vehicle. I was looking at the EBC greenstuff pads; however, their catalogue does not specify whether they are for the Girling or ATE calipers. I was thinking that the Centric in the ceramic or semi metallic might be an option.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I'm a big fan of EBC, which are Kevlar-based. I'd contact them and see if they can cross REPCO 143 pads (ATE uses REPCO 160). I've used EBC pads in some non-standard calipers, and they were most helpful in identifying what was needed -- in one case, I traced the outline of an old pad onto paper, scanned that and emailed it to them. They were able to match it with their part number very quickly. They work much, much better than the semi-metallic pads I had on my 1800 back when.

I think they'll end up being EBC DP2143, so you might give them that as a starting point...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts