SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have ordered a MY2020 Volvo S60 Inscription (EU spec, T5 AWD) a few months back, and it is going to arrive in approx 1 month (yay!). When I was ordering it over a quarter ago, the pricelists were still indicating the Pilot Assist to beversion 2 (without nav-based improvements in bends)...

Now that PA3 is already widely available, and this being a model year 2020... I started to wonder whether it would come with Pilot Assist Gen3 right from the factory or whether an upgrade (such as this one https://accessories.volvocars.com/e...ies/Document/VCC-516522/2020/T5 AWD/Automatic ) would have to be purchased separately.

I asked my dealership about it, but only received rather generic statement that they update all of the car's software before releasing to the customer. Though, PA3 being a *paid* accessory/update (is it comparable to P* in this sense?)... I am not so sure whether it qualifies as a regular SW update or not.

So... does anyone happen to know:
1. Whether MY 2020 SPA models (manufactured around... Jun/Jul'19) come with factory-equipped PA3?
2. How can one tell which PA generation is installed (2 vs 3)? Is there any visual cue in the dash/infotainment?

Thx!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Partly-answering my own question:
2. How can one tell which PA generation is installed (2 vs 3)? Is there any visual cue in the dash/infotainment?
Looking at a MY2020 S60 owner's manual... I found a mention of a Curve Speed Assist (CSA) (pg. 294), which does not seem to get mentioned in a MY2019 manual. So, if this relates to PA3, it seems its version would be visually apparent after all (it is even user controlled).

Can anyone driving a MY'20 S60/V60 confirm if they have the CSA option available? Is CSA == PA3?
What puzzles me is the fact Volvo still lists PA3 as an accessory for a MY'20 model , while the manual might suggest it is a standard (on select markets, that is)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts