SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lift the tailgate there's electrical tape wrapped around some wires on the left hand side. The brake lights and turn signals are working though. Not sure about the defroster but I think it is working.

Don't want to go poking around in the wiring before consulting you experienced gentlemen first.

How to/ wiring diagram would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Can't help with direct P80 experience. But, on our 2004 XC70, we were having tailgate open indications with the tailgate latched and the alarm sounding at random times without anyone around the car. So, just before Christmas (2015), I exposed the wiring in the left side of the tailgate area. The wiring is protected by a plastic cover. Under was a rubber/cloth wiring jacket, but not completely covered. And some electrical tape. Was the area exposed or repaired by the previous owner?

I first disconnected the battery. After removing the tape and exposing the wiring, broken wires and cracked insulation was found. The copper wires of differing gauges were work hardened at the area at the end of the plastic shield. Since the wires are different colors, it was easy to repair one wire at a time using solder and heat shrink tubing. I then re-taped and re-installed the rubber/cloth jacket and plastic cover. Hopefully the repair will last, cause the next choice is to rebuild the wiring harness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was literally just reading the wiring diagram for this. I will try to find one online as mine is in a book.

What I can tell you right off the bat is that those two things are on different diagrams. Since you've already address the rear defroster, I'm going to assume you already know this as the wiper and defroster are on one, and the central locking on another. I'll update as soon as I've found one.

Edit: I don't see anything for AWD. If someone else is unable to provide that for you, I can send you a copy of the wiring booklet I have for FWD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts