SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P80 C70 HPT that I have already upgraded the front brakes to the P80R 302mm ones. Still unhappy I have decided to do the 320mm front brakes from the P1 T5 AWD/MS3 cars.

I was thinking about getting braided brake lines while im in there. Do I have to get custom front brake lines, will the p1 chassis braided lines work or can I just get the full P80 chassis lines.

I have searches but im unable to find it

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I do not mean to sway your mind, but before you commit to the 320mm kit, have you considered the Porsche BBK kit from ipd? You can source parts cheaper than the volvo parts and the volvo caliper is only one floating piston, where the Porsche kit is a four piston caliper. I have the Porsche kit on my 98 C70, and its a huge improvement over the stock 280mm or 302mm setup. I had both before making the switch. Plus, the 330mm rotors from the Porsche kit come from a 04-07 Volvo S60R. They are super easy to find and super cheap. Brake pads are very easy to source too!

As for your original question, I was able to source a standard pair of braided stainless steel brake likes from ipd. I believe they are Goodridge brand. Easy to install. Try upgrading the brake fluid to a DOT 5 race fluid when you switch the lines for best effect. Good luck!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im from Canada so times the IPD prices by 1.5 if you included shipping and currency conversion. I can find some used 320mm calipers locally for 100-120 then just rebuild them myself and buy the adapters from Australia so the price difference is huge.

I personally don't like DOT5 fluid. I like to stick to performace DOT4s like the Wilwood stuff or ATE superblue/typ200.

My friend had a set of 320s on his C30 and I cant remember if the lines looked the same at all.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answered my own question. Any set of lines that work with the 302mm R brakes will work with the 320s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts