SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update - BLIS works great in the dark! I'm pretty surprised and impressed to be honest. Still waiting on the electrical bits so I can stop crouching down and pulling this fuse every time I start the car

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I looked at a fusion mirror a little more, it looks REALLY similar to my wife's XC60 facelift mirror just on the top shell. Now I kinda want to find out.

Easier to find a wrecked Fusion than an XC60!

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Delay circuit built, need to put into car now.

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
179 Posts
Delay circuit installed?
Works like suspected?
Got a parts list for the components...?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Delay circuit installed?
Works like suspected?
Yes and yes! Diagram drawn as well, just got busy with kids and whatnot. Will post tonight, thanks for the reminder :D

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Seen it work in person. Pretty wild. His mirror signals also ‘sweep’ which is kinda slick.
Yes and yes! Diagram drawn as well, just got busy with kids and whatnot. Will post tonight, thanks for the reminder :D

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Delay circuit installed?
Works like suspected?
Seen it work in person. Pretty wild. His mirror signals also ‘sweep’ which is kinda slick.
Updated the OP with clarifications and further parts list for the delay circuit. Not necessary to make the whole thing like I did, but it's nice that it just plugs into the CEM and can be easily removed if necessary for troubleshooting/returning the car to stock.

Reactions: 1-wiel

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
179 Posts
Thanks for the update.
Ordered the parts for the delay circuit build.
Going to install all the parts and modify my original mirrors with the blis stuff when I’m back home..
Got 2 more weeks in Florida ahead....

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks for the update.
Ordered the parts for the delay circuit build.
Going to install all the parts and modify my original mirrors with the blis stuff when I’m back home..
Got 2 more weeks in Florida ahead....
Nice! What year is your V70? Programming the delay circuit timer was pretty easy, they have a PDF on the site that shows you which options do what. I have mine set to delay on w/no trigger, I programmed mine with a 12v power supply and touching the wires to ground but you can do it with a 9v battery too. In the YouTube video they use switches and quick connectors but you only really need to touch them together

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My V70 is02-2007.
I think you're pre-wired with the green/white BLIS wire with a production date that late! Are p2 wagon/sedan blis modules more common in your area or is it similar to the US where P3 ones are common and P2 don't really exist?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Haven’t seen a p2 wagon/sedan with factory fitted blis, more common on the p3 in Europe

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Haven’t seen a p2 wagon/sedan with factory fitted blis, more common on the p3 in Europe
I found one parted out from an XC70 from Latvia, but that's the only one I've ever seen other than Volvo press photos

Maybe it was a prohibitively expensive option?

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
UPDATE: Everything working swimmingly, but I may fold the mirrors less often after noticing these little scuffs they've got now - P3 mirror bases have a place scooped out for the top to nestle in when they fold, p2 bases don't. Could probably cut some off of the plastic mirror bezel, but since the little blemishes are symmetrical, meh. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Ah, those little details, that aren't so obvious! They don't appear to be rubbing by very much. So might be able to remove a little plastic on the backside of the mirror where it isn't visible?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ah, those little details, that aren't so obvious! They don't appear to be rubbing by very much. So might be able to remove a little plastic on the backside of the mirror where it isn't visible?

Yup definitely could, that point is what's currently stopping the fold motion (then it stops trying to fold once the motor resistance gets to whatever level) but I don't know what the total range of motion of the motors are, so that might make it worse? Could test it fairly easily but I'm firmly in camp "do I actually care that much since they're working" now

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
If they were folding 99%, I'd be tempted to fix. But, if it's not that close, I'd probably leave it alone.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
If they were folding 99%, I'd be tempted to fix. But, if it's not that close, I'd probably leave it alone.

Ugh it's probably close to that haha, next time sometime does this I'll leave it to them to figure out

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·

It's not close, maybe 1/2". The P2/P3 pre-facelift mirror bottoms have a cutout to allow folding a la here:
Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Font Carbon

...and the p3 facelift ones have a cutout on the actual base to allow full folding like this:
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle handlebar Bicycle wheel

They still fold pretty far so I don't SUPER care, but I'm interested if a P3 pre-facelift bottom part would fit on a p3 post-facelift top part. Will have to grab one at the JY next time I'm there unless someone has one to donate for research :D hint, hint @jcdillin ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
do you happen to sell complete kits to do have the same effect like yours? My english isn't the best and so is my knowledge aboout voltage and soldering. How expensive was the retrofit if I was to buy all the parts needed?
My car is a 2006 V70 D5 without BLIS and no electric folding mirrors. Only heated and it doesn't blind at night with light. Thanks for your help!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts