SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm still new to SS, just purchased my own 07' R. It's a salvage title, but it is also a one owner and only has 44,320 miles. I'm in the midst of restoring her and making her my baby!

I need some help from you guys because I'm having a lot of trouble getting a front bumper and headlights for my R near my area. I'm in the metro Detroit area so I can justify shipping as far as Chicago, Columbus, etc. 250 miles or less would be ideal. I should also state, I'm looking to spend $400 on both lights and no more than $400 on the front bumper. Depending on desperation or condition of said parts, prices could vary.

I recently got a rear bumper and taillights for her so half of the caR is done. Any tips would help I appreciate the help guys.

Have a gReat day!
-Moe

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
There's a black bumper and a bunch of headlight sets on eBay.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Well I could tell you that you're going to spend more than 400 on headlights.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That car was originally from Colorado wasn't it? I can tell by the Rickenbaugh logo on it. Also have you tried Tasca?

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Are you doing anything about the rear body panel pushed in? It looks like it got pushed in a bit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That car was originally from Colorado wasn't it? I can tell by the Rickenbaugh logo on it. Also have you tried Tasca?

No I haven't tried Tasca, I didn't even know about that lol thanks I'll check that out

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you doing anything about the rear body panel pushed in? It looks like it got pushed in a bit.
The shop its at will be pulling it back out and painting the bumpers once I bring it to them. What would happen if it weren't done though? Trans is working perfectly for anyone who thinks the rear impact threw off the trans gearing or something.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I guess it would just be pushed in and would be able to see it in the spare tire area in the trunk. Maybe the bumper wouldn't line up correctly? Idk. Nothing with the rear end unless some more stuff got tweaked

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could just buy those after market headlights if the stock R lights are more than $500, I think ipd or viva sells them. Are those plug and play?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't think aftermarket ones are plug and play since the oem headlights are all tied in with the 4C suspension system.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think aftermarket ones are plug and play since the oem headlights are all tied in with the 4C suspension system.

Can you elaborate on how its connected, if like to know everything about my caR

·
Registered
171 Posts
The going rate for the lights used around here seems to be around $400 EACH. I know cause I have been looking off and on for a drivers light to fix my occasional droop but it turns out it was just electrical corrosion in the leveling motors (cheap plastic crap) that I have cleaned out and everything appears normal for now.
I also explored aftermarket but the key problem is fooling the cars computer and preventing the yellow error triangle from appearing. It's not impossible if you are handy with electrical but not something that seems straight forward based on posts on this forum. If you look in one of the mod threads for lighting I think you will find someone who successfully pulled this off. Doesn't seem like a project for the faint of heart!
Good luck. At that price and mileage it looks like you got one worth saving. I'd suggest springing for the used lights and bumper. All back in one piece at that mileage even with the salvage title, you should still be out ahead.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE:

I found a primed reconditioned front bumper very close to my area.

To the guy who told me to check eBay, thanks, idk why I didn't check earlier? Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan to drive this thing for a good 7 years and maintenance is my first priority after finishing this rebuild, I'll be doing trans oil change, brake bleed and fill, pcv, strut seats that I hear get noisy early on, etc.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I didn't realize that the sliding adjusters on the ACC vents was different on the '07's. I'm all for any little bit that spruces up what's a relatively utilitarian interior.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't realize that the sliding adjusters on the ACC vents was different on the '07's. I'm all for any little bit that spruces up what's a relatively utilitarian interior.
That's right, they're lined with some sort of aluminum, I remember someone upgrading their 04' with these little bits and that's when I found that out. I love everything about the interior, its very well put together and clean in mine

·
Registered
222 Posts
not sure what you are going to spend for shipping, repair, prep and painting on a used bumper cover, but you used to be able to order a new, painted, ready to install cover from Volvo for right around $1,000. Might want to give the dealer a call and check it out!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts