SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I previously used P21S carnauba wax on my cars and switched a couple of years ago to Zaino. I've been happy with Zaino and maybe I'm just getting old(er) but I'm tempted to go back to P21S due to its ease of application/removal and comparable (maybe better??) shine.

Any thoughts? Has anyone used these products back-to-back?

TIA,

Derek

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: P21S v. Zaino? (bb vign)

Derek,

Have you tried the new Z2pro yet? It gives a significantly wetter look than the old Zaino. I think once you have done the prep Zaino is just as easy to put on as P21S but it lasts longer (I've used both on my V70R). Carnuba does give a slightly different look than Zaino--but I actually like the new Z2pro better and it lasts longer between applications. Also if you have not tried the new Z8 Spray-try it is easy and effective (like a quick detailer on steroids--actually refreshes the Zaino shine in a few minutes). I have titanium grey wagon--not sure what the difference carnuba vs Zaino look would be on black or magic blue. Don't forget to polish when you need it underneath whatever your last step product is--both Zaino Z2 and P21S will look better if you have a smooth swirl free finish underneath.

I think I've tried quite a few products (Klasse twins, NXT, P21S, Souveran, Ultimate Paint Protection, old and new Zaino) and I think I've finally decided that Zaino is best in terms of look and durability. Once you get that initial application down you can keep the car looking new with just a few applications a year (using Z-8 in between). When I was using UPP or carnuba I had to reapply it every 4-5 weeks to keep the shine and water beading up. I think Zaino is actually easier to apply and remove than paste-wax carnubas like P21S.

Don't get me wrong--a nice carnuba finish on a nicely detailed black car has a warm depth that Zaino can't quite compare with. But I've seen some really really nice black cars with Zaino that sure looked like showroom material. I guess the best thing is just to try them and compare--but do Zaino first unless you want to polish in between. Zaino won't layer on top of carnuba (the other way around is fine though).

Good luck!

Pat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts