SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a P2187 code tonight. Know it has something to do with the pcv system but not sure what. I did just service it. Questions what is the issue?
And am I covered under the 205 extended warrany?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
683 Posts
Got a P2187 code tonight. Know it has something to do with the pcv system but not sure what. I did just service it. Questions what is the issue?
And am I covered under the 205 extended warrany?
as far as 205, it covers up to 10 years and 120k miles, so dunno if that applies to you. While most searches suggest it is a pcv thing, there are a number of threads suggesting that a good maf clean and ensuring all hoses are tight after maf prior to tc are snug.

what service did you just have completed?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as 205, it covers up to 10 years and 120k miles, so dunno if that applies to you. While most searches suggest it is a pcv thing, there are a number of threads suggesting that a good maf clean and ensuring all hoses are tight after maf prior to tc are snug.

what service did you just have completed?
Just serviced the pcv replaced the box, upper hose, cleaned ports and lines ect

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you clean the throttle body? If not, clean the throttle body and reset adaptives by pulling the ecm for 15 min. Or disconnecting the battery same amount of time.

If you merely replaced pcv for the fuel trim code, then it will keep coming back until you clean the throttle valve and re adapt.

Also it's a good idea to have the latest ecm software if available. Volvo dealers are still doing volvo for life free software updates (2.0 service update)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did not clean throttle body but I can do that but it's going to the dealer on the 4th so they can worry about it

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer seems to think it's the Pcv that I just replaced. Cleared the light and it came back on this morning. I'm starting to suspect the PTC but gonna get a second opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts