SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site so have mercy as my attempted searches did not turn up anything on P2108 which is typically a Throttle Body or actuator code. Vixen is a 2004 XC90 that I changed the timing belt with the pulleys and tensioner and water pump. I also did the serpentine belt and it ran fine except that a P0420 popped a few days later. I've seen that code several times over the years, especially if we get a hot day with high humidity or other weather. It clears usually and with some new high test. So then it went for new tires running happily and the started died in the tire company parking lot. Changed the starter. Anyway, the kids, with grandkids, took it on vacation and it ran beautifully for 250-300 miles and then it threw a "Reduced Engine Performance" and went to limp home mode.:confused: Daughter restarted it and it ran fine for maybe a day and maybe 50 miles. It did it again and she restarted again. She bought a code reader and got P2018. For the 10% chance, I had her disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and reconnect in case a reset would work . We have "FacedTimed" on the cell phones and I took a look around the engine bay but saw no disconnected vacuum lines or disconnected connectors from the starter change. The car is about 175 miles away plus a ferry boat ride and no reservations available so I have to wait until they make it home in a couple days. It is running OK today. Any thoughts or help gratefully appreciated.

Also, is there a tutorial available to help me learn to use this site?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts