SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
P2 Snabb AWD 3" Downpipe w/Cat

Snabb 3" P2 catted downpipe for AWD cars. Fits all R's, XC70s, S60 AWDs and XC90s with 2.5t 5 cylinder engines.

Ive had this on my 2003 V70 T5 since late October 2018. It does FWD but makes the rest of the exhaust hang too low. Going to swap it with a fwd specific downpipe.

Used/on the car for approx 8k. No CEL's, no cat codes. These have a very nice flex pipe and tig welding.

Asking $400. They're $575 new. Shipping can be arranged if necessary, would prefer a semi local hand off.

Pics:

When new:

Installed:

Current:

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

It’s still on my wagon until the fwd downpipe arrives and gets swapped.

·
Registered
709 Posts
These do fit XC90 (AWD). I've got one, pleased with it.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not bend the hangers to raise the pipe up, and use an adapter for the rear O2 sensor?
Because that’s not the problem. The pipe is psychically lower and longer. Hangers match. O2 sensor is in the right place. It’s designed to clear a driveshaft which i don’t have. Underbody plates are different on fwd.

·
Registered
949 Posts
sounds like the 40 K mile downpipe/cat from an S60R, that I picked up for the T5 wagon, may not fit then (or not without shortening the cat back)

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds like the 40 K mile downpipe/cat from an S60R, that I picked up for the T5 wagon, may not fit then (or not without shortening the cat back)
You won’t retain any underbody plates. It’ll hang low and large. There’s no reason to use the stock R downpipe either it’s nothing special. Same as normal AWD downpipes.

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The replacement downpipe arrived and is an epic POS in comparison (I Paid Double) so this is no longer for sale at the moment. Maybe in the future.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sucky, but I'd already crossed them off my list based on other factors - interesting to hear your experience.
Does it just look like a bad design or poor workmanship ?

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sucky, but I'd already crossed them off my list based on other factors - interesting to hear your experience.
Does it just look like a bad design or poor workmanship ?
Abysmal welds, poor quality materials, O2 bung in the wrong location and orientation. Flex pipe is only 2 layer and catalyst has no markings whatsoever. It honestly looks like it was MIG welded poorly then a bad TIG pass was sloppily done on top.

Welds

Crush bent pipe

Donut cut pipe. Weld splatter everywhere that TIG usually doesn’t make but MIG is famous for. There was a fat drop in the turbo flange sealing area I couldn’t budge.

Compared to what I already have

1 - 14 of 14 Posts