SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on a road trip to Virginia to help my family due to a death that happened for the past 5 days coming from portland, OR. I was driving from Kansas City in my 2004 V70r and it started making a whining noise on the highway (I-70 east) right at exit 170 it wouldn't accelerate and I pulled over, parked safely. It will crank but not start, showed "immobilizer see manual" but that went away. Read some codes with my little obd scanner and it read p0299 and p0134. I'm currently reseting the battery, just replaced the 02 sensor and MAF before the trip, before this I installed an aftermarket radio that made the CEM go crazy, put the regular radio back in and it went back to normal. My brother said the o2 sensor might be loose and I was warned this might happen so that might be it. Might need some tools to try that in the morning. My brother said the o2 sensor might be loose and I was warned it might need to be tightened mid trip that might be it

I don't know what help I need, I'm probably going to use AAA to get to the closet marriott. Thinking about taking it to volvo in St. Louis. I don't know what to really do right now and I have anxiety but I'm looking for solutions to try, people who might be able to help, really anything that might even calm me down I don't know.

my number is (571) 213-2516 my email is [email protected] for anyone who can help.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Make sure all your intercooler piping is tight and none of it has come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Too bad someone with Vida isn't nearby. Post on the P2 Facebook group and see. Most people are probably working today though. I've thought about what I would do if this happened on one of my big journeys. When I went to NC last fall I brought tools but not Vida. If you can't diagnose it roadside you may have to drop some cash to get it rolling again at Volvo, (if they can get you in and out right away). If it's going to take too long you may have to switch to a rental or maybe the dealership would let you have a loaner? Try not to stress out too much and consider it part of the journey if you can. Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Your fuel pump might have died.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts