SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've settled on keeping my partially functional ABL's after I destroyed my OEM headlights.
I no longer have use for my projectors or the new bits that I bought for my planned shroud upgrade.

$110 shipped - Kit w/ either shroud type unless you want both:
===================
$10 NEW Morimoto butyl-based headlamp sealer
$70 Pair of Morimioto Mini D2S 2.0 projectors(I paid $110+shipping)
$20 NEW Pair of Apollo OR E55-R projector shrouds
$10 NEW Morimoto seal splitter tool
^Separates headlight lens from body but also the correct tool for removing body panel clips like the ones on our door panels.
20191021_101700.jpg

Looking to sell the following lot all at once as shipping some of these individually does not make sense.
$150 shipped - I bought the new pieces from theretrofitsource.com
===================
$20 NEW Pair of projector shrouds(E55 or Apollo) (normally $30)
$30 NEW 3" Q5-R (normally $40)
$75 Pair of igniters with ballasts(all working)
$15 NEW Bosch bulb retainer rings (normally $20)
$10 NEW Morimoto butyl-based headlamp sealer (normally $17)
20191021_102446.jpg

*Shipping is to the lower 48 states.

Curious what happened to my original headlights?
I was going to strip, prime, and paint the internal bezels on my original headlamps. After that, the plan was to re-do my projectors and sell the ABL units.
I have used CitriStrip on hard plastics before, unfortunately, this time it was a disaster :facepalm:
I let it sit for a few hours. When I came back the internal bezels had partially began to crumble on their own. When I picked them up they started going to pieces in my hands.(1)
I thought about ways to salvage the project but, I have enough on my plate. Since I already have a working set of headlamps, I decided it wasn't worth the effort to source replacement internals. Best to admit defeat.
The only photo I have with them post retrofit. ABL units are on the car now.
IMAG0725_zpst7q3l58i.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not to jack your thread but I have spare internals if you want to finish the project or someone wants to do this without risking their own headlights.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you still have the backing/body with all internal wiring? If so, that could work. I have a spare passenger/right side headlamp so I would only need the left side parts.

I have all of the bulbs, the headlamp glass, and all of the other parts that I listed above. I will PM you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts