SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a P2 Lightened Crank Pulley for my 03 s60 2.4t. Does anyone know how much of a difference they really make? Also, how difficult is it to install?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm looking into buying a P2 Lightened Crank Pulley for my 03 s60 2.4t. Does anyone know how much of a difference they really make? Also, how difficult is it to install?
installation isn't all that difficult so long as you have the right tools. If you're looking for a "how to" then there's plenty out there. Basically it's a timing belt job without removing the timing belt. Although since you'll be pulling the crank off you might as well kinda try to do the timing belt as well lol.

As far as the difference. It makes quite a bit of difference as far as revving your engine up. I can't vouch entirely for the S60. But I've had lightened crank pulleys (and accessory pulleys too) on most of my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
installation isn't all that difficult so long as you have the right tools. If you're looking for a "how to" then there's plenty out there. Basically it's a timing belt job without removing the timing belt. Although since you'll be pulling the crank off you might as well kinda try to do the timing belt as well lol.

As far as the difference. It makes quite a bit of difference as far as revving your engine up. I can't vouch entirely for the S60. But I've had lightened crank pulleys (and accessory pulleys too) on most of my previous vehicles.
I'm really looking into getting one of these, do you have any experience as far as if they change how the car acts while the AC is on? When the AC is on full blast it makes shifting smooth difficult since the RPM drops so fast and doesn't like to build back up quickly without jolting you...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'm really looking into getting one of these, do you have any experience as far as if they change how the car acts while the AC is on? When the AC is on full blast it makes shifting smooth difficult since the RPM drops so fast and doesn't like to build back up quickly without jolting you...
I do not. This is the first car I've had where I actually had A/C. All the others I had it disconnected.

When you don't have a girlfriend it's easy to just drive around with windows down lol.

But as far as shifting goes, it will build up the RPMs just as fast. Just shift faster lol.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I do not. This is the first car I've had where I actually had A/C. All the others I had it disconnected.

When you don't have a girlfriend it's easy to just drive around with windows down lol.

But as far as shifting goes, it will build up the RPMs just as fast. Just shift faster lol.
Lol it's a pain, the RPMs drop so much faster when the AC clutch is engaged, but I do a lot of city driving and I can't really tell when it engages and disengages.

My AC was actually broken all summer (broke the condenser when I did my FMIC install in march :facepalm:), my now ex was the only reason I fixed it :D, I was perfectly fine driving around in 110 degree weather and 95% humidity, but for her it was just too much so I fixed it sometime in July.

Women these days

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wait, so I just bought my lightened pulley from ARD. Any step by step instructions lol. I found this thread but failed to find directions! Haha

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Wait so do I need to jack the car up at all? I'm new to working on cars, but eager to learn lol
Yep, you pretty much have to, I guess it would be possible to do with the car on the ground and the wheel turned all the way to the right, but not practical at all...

Honestly I'd just wait to install it until you need to have your timing belt done, a good indy will install it for free when doing your timing belt since the old pulley needs to be removed anyways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts