SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's been many posts like this, but I want to be sure. I have a clunk coming from the right front, upper spring seat and sway bar link were replaced, but nothing changed. :mad: If i turn left and right like I'm weaving through cones I can hear the clunk on the left turn, or when I am going over bumps. Is it possible for the CV to clunk? When i grab the car along the roof and rock/roll it back and forth I can hear the noise when the car leans to the passenger side. Thanks for all input.

·
Registered
725 Posts
My guess is that the end links are shot. U can buy them at ipd or fcp and from what ive heard meyle hd is good.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already replaced them, no difference

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no strut mount was done, i'll look into it. thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 850 makes the exact same sound under the exact same conditions and I have replaced EVERYthing in the suspension... Turned out to be the bushing in the control arms...if they look ripped or old swap them out. On mine I was able to jack the car up and put a 2nd jack under the control arm and when I jacked up the entire arm shifted up and caused the clunking.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I am thinking, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a ride home with the music off, I decided I need to get to the bottom of this. When I pull up on the fender about the passenger side front wheel I heard the noise. So I got on my back and continually pushed it up and let it fall so I could hear the click. When I felt around there I found that the end link actually slips and then knocks into something where it connects to the sway bar. not in the ball joint, just where it connects. I plan on inspecting this further tomorrow, maybe just tightening it will help. I did replaced it myself so it could be too loose, but the boot looks like its already got a lot of stress on it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Take em back and warranty them out. A good chain(Advanced, Zone, O'Rileys, Napa or pepbois) will warranty exchange you no questions asked.IF you have the reciept.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts