·
Registered
694 Posts
dealer

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have talked with several dealers and I cannot get it from any of the ones I’ve contacted. If you know a dealer that will get me the CEM pin code please let me know who to contact so I can get it. Danke

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't know that they can get it but, if it's like the stereo's pin code, they need the devices S/N. If it's like the remotes for our cars, there is no way to get the pin once the tag is through away.

Try asking them why they won't do it?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Then how do THEY program them?

·
Registered
694 Posts
And how do the dealerships program the replacement ones... There has to be a way for them to get the PINs. Sounds more like they want to make money

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I wonder if you could email XemodeX and see if they can provide it for you since they deal with CEM replacements and programming... Worth a shot.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have emailed Xemodex a few times and not even gotten a reply. I called them about not getting a reply and was told that I had to submit my question on line. I had a cluster redone my them, I just walked in dropped it off and they fixed it the same day. I have another cluster that needs done but I think I am going to pass on them because I cannot get a reply from them on if they can even do it. A simple no would work for me but its been two or three months of trying so I gave up on them.

Who are the people in Sweden that I have done this? That have figure out how to get the PIN but will not tell anyone.

I did come across this but have not gotten an answer on how to make it work.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/573770-PINCODE-FROM-VOLVO-CEM-2005-2009

I just need more instruction on what to do.

I have sent emails to Vdash which they said I could send them my CEM and they would get it but I have asked to where do I send it and I have gotten no reply on this in 2 months. Their Youtube videos look good but I do not know if they are still about.

So I am still looking for a way to get the CEM PIN. Danke.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dealers can't see the PIN codes, but they are received encrypted from central Volvo server when needed during a software update or reload that involves the PIN protected controller.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealers can't see the PIN codes, but they are received encrypted from central Volvo server when needed during a software update or reload that involves the PIN protected controller.
So what does this mean? Is there some way to get the PIN? Explain it to me as if I am a first day computer student. Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Life is too short, but you might want to take a look at your inbox from last week.
In general you need to monitor what Volvo does when they do it, if you want to do the same yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Life is too short, but you might want to take a look at your inbox from last week.
In general you need to monitor what Volvo does when they do it, if you want to do the same yourself.

Did anyone get any such with the CEM Pin after all?
Thx

·
Registered
528 Posts
The pin protects the cem from unauthorised changes.

People who know how to get the pin (Volvo, vdash) protect their knowledge as it gives them commercial power.
Dealer know nothing about the pin. It is hidden in their software routines.

If the way to find the pin becomes easy knowledge, it kills their business.

So they protect their knowledge at all costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts