SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plug and play 16T turbo for the P2 owners community.

Refreshed and upgraded 16T turbo. Set up for 02+ Volvos or any motor using a later RN water pipe. Bolt on for P2 XC70, XC90 and S60/V70 2.5Ts. Also bolt on to 2002-2004 p80 platform C70s.

Compressor housing has been ultrasonically cleaned. CBV checked, cleaned and pressure tested. Wastegate actuator operation checked and then calibrated to 4.5 psi.

CHRA (center housing rotating assembly) is a stock geometry (6+6 compressor and 12 blade turbine), brand new, high speed VSR (vibration sorting rig) balanced Melett core. All turbos with any dimension under 50mm need to be high speed balanced or will fail prematurely.

Exhaust housing is a late build cast stainless housing. Yes, it’s 304 stainless, not cast iron. All studs are intact and lock nuts are included.

$350 plus shipping.

16T # 3470223

IF retrofitting to a 2.5t you will need the earlier T5 OTE pipe. I have one in stock at the moment.

Also can provide a japanifold exhaust manifold upgrade to pair with this if anyone wants.

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boost weather bump

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^
16T Over the engine pipe and coupler can be provided for those retrofitting 2.5ts.

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would the japanifold be a worthwhile upgrade for an 05 2.5t? I keep reading mixed things about it vs the r manifold.

·
Registered
201 Posts
absolutely ..upgraded mine 3 months ago better design better flow better sound....Japanifold 16T great combo (y)

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would the japanifold be a worthwhile upgrade for an 05 2.5t? I keep reading mixed things about it vs the r manifold.
Significantly. You already have the “r” manifold ahem the 2.5t manifold. Fine for little turbo, not so great for upgrading. It really comes down to: do you like the way a proper 5 cylinder sounds and do 10 more fasteners seem like no big deal when you’ve got the turbo coming off already?

·
Registered
7 Posts
👍to a proper 5 cylinder, thanks for the feed back. What would shipping the 2 plus the coupler to 27510 cost?

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to a proper 5 cylinder, thanks for the feed back. What would shipping the 2 plus the coupler to 27510 cost?
I will look into it, thanks for the interest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts