SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the MAF on my 99 XC70 with an aftermarket unit. Reset the adaptives by unplugging the battery and the car seemed to run okay. However I have noticed difficulty starting, almost dies, catches itself and then runs. While driving a couple of days ago, new CEL with P1175 and P1238 showing. I also noticed while driving that the engine appeared to be surging some...although could be my imagination. Cleaned the ETM about 10K miles ago. Car has 118K miles on it with original ETM. Any ideas where to start looking for the source of my recent codes? Aftermarket MAF causing trouble? ETM causing trouble? Time to bite the bullet and go to the dealer?

thanks

-mark

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: P1175 and P1238 (mhahn)

ETM go to the dealer. It's under warranty anyway, so why not?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: P1175 and P1238 (JRL)

How could the ETM still be under warranty? The car is 7 years old, 118K miles, second owner. I am under the impression that the ETM work is about $1000. I'd do it myself, and have cleaned the ETM myself, but I understand that the dealer has to reprogram something after installing a new ETM thus it is not a DIY task. Could my current set of problems be the ETM? How can I confirm that? Or do I just suck it up and head for the dealer?

-mark

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Re: P1175 and P1238 (mhahn)

Quote, originally posted by mhahn »
How could the ETM still be under warranty?
Volvo recently extended it to the first 10 years of the car or 200K miles, whichever comes first...they had too many reports of the failing ETM and law suits being filed, especially in California. So, take it to Volvo, show them the codes and demand a replacement....not a cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts