SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The block has 3 cracked cylinders and 194k miles (2008). Could be a worthwhile starting point if you plan to have it bored out and sleeved.

The car never overheated and only drove 1 mile after cracking, so it's probably safe to say the head is still straight.

The valves all look good and I can get pictures.

Cam cover... Oil pan... Oil cooler... Thermostat housing.

PCV is probably about 80k miles old, but hasn't given me any issues.

Alternator is working fine.

Let me know if you need anything. Otherwise it's turning into a coffee table.

·
Registered
45 Posts
interested in that engine if you still have it.

The block has 3 cracked cylinders and 194k miles (2008). Could be a worthwhile starting point if you plan to have it bored out and sleeved.

The car never overheated and only drove 1 mile after cracking, so it's probably safe to say the head is still straight.

The valves all look good and I can get pictures.

Cam cover... Oil pan... Oil cooler... Thermostat housing.

PCV is probably about 80k miles old, but hasn't given me any issues.

Alternator is working fine.

Let me know if you need anything. Otherwise it's turning into a coffee table.
Hello there from walhalla SC. Just curious if you still have that engine. I have a 2005 volvo s40 awd, and the cyl head is not holding compression. I am not sure if I have bent valves, or what. But I might be able to use that cylinder head, on the off chance you still have it, let me know, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do still have it! Make me an offer on any parts you need, or if you want the whole engine.

Walhalla is only about 1:30 away, so local pickup would probably be cheaper than any shipping options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts