SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Volvo V50 T5 M66
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently got a V50 for cheap but I didn't know the state of the car or anything, other than the car looked like it has been taken care of with nothing broken and all original paperwork including sales sticker there. The car had a P0300 code along with P0301, P0303, P0304. The autozone OBD scam said that it believed it's an issue with the ECM and that it needs to be replaced, however I highly doubt this because everything else works great. I changed all the spark plugs to OE ones and moved the coil from cylinder 2 to 1 and from cylinder 5 to 4. After about 20 miles of driving the check engine flashed and went away and when I got home I scanned the car and got the P0300 and P0301, P0303 codes again but the CEL is gone. What should I look at next? Also for some background info I drove the car back like this from AZ to CA with no issue except that only once I got the flashing red triangle with Anti-Skid unavailable and Brake Failure message I pulled over turned the car off for 5 minutes and when I turned it back on it was perfect.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Coil packs would have been my guess. Where in ca. Sorry off topic but always looking for local cats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
And welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post. Stick around.

·
Registered
2005 Volvo V50 T5 M66
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
418 Posts
619. Where at. I lived in Point Loma for a stint.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I know chula well. Too well. Find Steve. He is another p1 guy by you. Pm me for my number. We’re up in riverside. But we got a solid Volvo crew here from the 1960s to current.

Someone help this guy with his misfire. Still guessing faulty coil packs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
And let’s see a pic of the car

·
Registered
2005 Volvo V50 T5 M66
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And let’s see a pic of the car

I still don't have any good ones I will post some over the weekend since I still need to deep clean the car, it's super dirty from sitting in the AZ desert for a few weeks :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Things to replace:
Coil Packs (misfires).
Fuel Pressure Sensor (misfires).

Get battery tested (Random Brake Triangle)
Get alternator tested (random brake triangle)
pull out the glovebox and check for leaking o-rings to the heater core. (random brake triangle).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts