SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got a P0715 code on my car, 98 V70R. The ABS and the Orange arrow also are on when it throws this code. The car runs and shifts fine, doesnt lag or anything. A google search of the code says its a transmission input/turbine speed sensor circuit. Any ideas what this is? Is it a sensor that I need to replace or a bad connection possibly since the car runs fine? Can you tell me where the sensor for this is? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Supposedly a bad PNP switch can throw the same code per an old thread I found on Matthew's volvo site, try rowing your shifter from park to low a dozen or so times and see if it goes away or not.

·
Registered
964 Posts
your ABS module might be going bad. They fail quite often on the P80 cars. Midwest ABS in Michigan rebuilds them for 100.00

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
your ABS module might be going bad. They fail quite often on the P80 cars. Midwest ABS in Michigan rebuilds them for 100.00
I've never seen the ABS issue throw that code though...

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Transmission speed sensor likely. Easy to replace, on top toward the back of an aw42.

PN 9168039

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Transmission speed sensor likely. Easy to replace, on top toward the back of an aw42.

PN 9168039
Do you say this because of the code that its showing? I was also thinking that maybe the ABS module was going bad also. My tracs ABS light comes on also sometimes but not as much as the code and orange arrow. I did fix my module myself years ago, I guess it could have gone bad again.

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
Do you say this because of the code that its showing? I was also thinking that maybe the ABS module was going bad also. My tracs ABS light comes on also sometimes but not as much as the code and orange arrow. I did fix my module myself years ago, I guess it could have gone bad again.
Probably overlapping issues.

ABS needs to know engine speed, transmission speed and wheel speed to function.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So are you thinking if I replace the sensor you suggested I will solve the overlapping issues? Or do you think I need to replace the ABS also?

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
So are you thinking if I replace the sensor you suggested I will solve the overlapping issues? Or do you think I need to replace the ABS also?
Replace the trans speed sensor first. Since you have direct indication that’s an issue. Take it from there

·
Registered
17,317 Posts
A quick google of the PN i gave you shows #10 in this drawing taken from vida

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I figured out what the issue was with my speed sensor. Once I figured out where it was and how to get to it. Once I removed the air filter box I discovered a bunch of acorns that had been eaten along with the two wires for the speed sensor! Issued was cleared once I fixed the wires, I still have the ABS/tracs lights on but it will pass smog with those on here in California. I now need to see if any wires for that are chewed up or if I need to fix or replace the ABS module. Thanks for the help and advice to everyone.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
ah ****, we forgot step 1, "is it definitely plugged in?"

Glad you found the problem!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts