SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I got a check engine light for this code and it states that that's "Evaporative Emmission Control System Vent Control Circuit".

Can anyone tell me what this means and what the diagnosis normally is?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
I show it should be one or more of the following:

blocked/sticking EVAP canister shut-off valve
blocked EVAP canister shut-off valve filter
blocked EVAP canister shut-off valve hose connector on EVAP canister
blocked/jammed hose between EVAP canister and EVAP canister shut-off valve or filter and EVAP canister shut-off valve
leaking canister purge (CP) valve
fuel tank pressure sensor steady under 1000 Pa

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Odds are it's the leak detection pump, but it could be any of the above mentioned

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim - is the leak detection pump the EVAP canister shut off valve?

Ron - Thank you for the suggestions!

Can either of you point out where the EVAP canister shut off valve is located?

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
No
Leak pump is in the back of the car/wagon

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi again, guys!

so i researched the problem some more and it seems that pressurizing the system would be the easiest way to find the leak. Seeing as I don't have that kind of equipment, I called a shop and they quoted $168 for that work alone. Now, if that's going to help solve the problem, I'm willing to pay it, but can someone tell me if that seems kind of high or not?

Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just fixed this code on my car. I first ordered a new gas cap from IPD, that didnt fix the light. I then did a lot of searching, and discovered the " J HOSE ". It is a royal pain in the a%$ to fix. On the P2 cars, you have to drop the exhaust to get at this hose, that runs off the charcoal canister by the gas tank. It is a $23 part from ipd, or FCP, but requires a good 1.5-2 hours of work. Search J Hose volvo, and you will get lots of hits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts