SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

P0442 even with a new gas cap!

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  R Mayor 
#1 ·
Only cel im getting. Haven't seen many threads on this issue. Read in other forums could be a j hose? Originally thought it was the evap purge canister. Don't know. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks for reading.

Matt

Ps Will vida later. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for sharing!

I have this code as well.. I examined the gas cap and noticed there was an o-ring/seal on the that was visibly dried out/cracked.
I re-lubed the o-ring and flipped it around hoping that would solve the problem, however it worked to no avail.

I will follow this thread and report back on any progress/results from smoke test.

#6 ·
Wanted to give people an update. After vida and some further research, found out its the leak detection pump. Supposedly there is a rubber diaphragm thats inside the pump that goes bad. In the picture where my hand is, to the right of the evap canister is the pump. Swapping it out tomorrow. Will have more pictures.

#8 ·
Wanted to give people an update. After vida and some further research, found out its the leak detection pump. Supposedly there is a rubber diaphragm thats inside the pump that goes bad.
Hey Mayor, I'm throwing this same code with a CEL. (Intermittently, tho.) What further t/s led you to the pump? I guess the Vida gas tank leak test? Anything else?

#9 ·
Let me ask this. Do you ever get the gas cap loose message when you just start driving you're car? I didn't do a gas tank leak text. I vida the car after I got the light and the leak detection tank came up in a photo. Before you do anything, I would say buy a new gas cap. See what happens after that.

#7 ·
Update. Old vs new pics. New one is in and hopefully no more cel from this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.