SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That is a long subject line. Now it is clear I need a big all encompasing thread but since I already started a second thread for the second part of my saga, now I may as well start Episode III: Revenge of the Volvo, AKA: P0422 & P0446..."

Also, I thought it was funny, I mentioned to my son this morning that I may have a problem with my car (about the previous Voltage idiot light). He said, "Oh, there's the monthly problem." I couldn't help laughing and thinking of "Aunt Flo" so I guess if my car has a monthly problem, it must be a woman.

OK, back to the problem at hand:

Episode I: The Dipstick menace

AKA: "Today was a bad day" thread
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-was-a-bad-day
This was the oil spray all over the engine compartment from the dipstick tube.

and:

Episode II: Attack of the Idiot Light

AKA: "Intermittent Voltage light, 12.5V batt, 14+V when running" thread
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...nt-Voltage-light-12.5V-batt-14-V-when-running
I have not yet checked the B+ cable

Episode III: Revenge of the Volvo
AKA: P0446 & P0453..."

So on my way to lunch I get a Check Engine light. It stayed on continuously after restarting the engine and on the way home after work.

P0446 Evap emission control system vent control circuit malfunction
P0453 Evap emission control system pressure sensor high input

I cleared codes and am about to go for a drive. Any insight into these codes? Am I about to learn how to do the PCV job?

I may need to go on a road trip soon to see a sick relative and sure don't need any surprises. Maybe I'll take the Suburban, -ugh- I so love driving the V70! Maybe it's just PMS and will clear itself up in a few days but from the sound of these codes, I'm not holding my breath. Maybe I'll go slip a Midol in the crankcase ;-)

To be continued...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P0446 & P0453 after oil spray on engine then intermittent Voltage idiot light

Dang it, I gave the wrong codes. I'll try to edit the original post.

Correct Codes are:
P0446 Evap emission control system vent control circuit malfunction
P0453 Evap emission control system pressure sensor high input

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I cleared P0446 Evap emission control system vent control circuit malfunction & P0453 Evap emission control system pressure sensor high input, drove for a couple days, then today I just got MIL again, this time different but related, P0455 Evap emission control system leak detected (gross leak).

Ideas?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yeah, your gas cap is loose, or not sealing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts