SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
Yep, recall 181 I thought that one was. Done a ton of them but for the S60 although the same part is used on the S40 lol.

Kyle - Mrs. T's 05 V50 (69K miles) just went in for service 'cuz of the dreaded SSS (Start..Shudder...Stall) 'cold start' problem. That recall (TNN 28-71) hadn't been done yet (download SW #30668282), but Scarrier (local stealership) checked the trouble codes (CEL was lit) and lo and behold - found another costlier..."out of warranty" problem.

You guessed it - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. $350 fix - part will be here Monday.

I wonder what kind of luck I'll have trying to convince 'em that this part should be covered under the extended warranty repair for the S60?

Will let all know how it turns out next week. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (tomkat73)

Its an easy fix, if your ever up in bellingham be happy to do the repair for ya.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
Its an easy fix, if your ever up in bellingham be happy to do the repair for ya.

Was in your neighborhood a couple of weeks ago on our way down/back to Whistler. Obviously no problems with the V50 then.

I think I'm kinda stuck here - and will have to pay for some diagnostic time. I asked Scarrier about the SSS fix under the extended warranty cuz the SW update hadn't been done yet...they said they'd honor the extended warranty on SSS if that was the problem - but would check the CEL codes and diagnose/notify and/or fix accordingly if they found something more/else.

Scarrier called (it's her car) and said they found a Fuel Pressure Sensor problem - but didn't give her the fault code.

I'll give 'em a call on Monday and ask about specifics. If it's PO193 - I might be able to talk 'em into covering this under the S60 recall on the same part (doubtful)

At a minimum - my argument would be that the Fuel Pressure Sensor wouldn't have failed if the Software Download for SSS had been done earlier in the many times her 05 V50 had been in for FSM. The CEL didn't fault until I'd cranked on the starter multiple times after SSS to get her V50 running so I could drive it to Scarrier yesterday morning.

Thanks to all the info above...I can probably DIY the Fuel Pressure Sensor swap (closer/quicker/cheaper than drive to B'ham on $3/gal gas
) - but appreciate the offer, Kyle! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

Might get down to the Portland iPD GTG and Garage Sale next month...

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input (tomkat73)

Great, hopefully will see you there. Sounds like Ill have the mrs. and our good friend Kina tagging along to keep her busy while im doing my car talk

·
Registered
486 Posts
Re: (failurbydesign)

Quote, originally posted by failurbydesign »
350? for this part

http://www.ipdusa.com/product....rd=21

Just talked to Scarrier - Fault codes were ECM 2900 (Faulty Signal) and ECM290D (Signal too low) - so they're replacing Fuel Pressure Sensor (Part # 31272732) for $388 parts + labor.

They'll also do TNN 28-71 (Long Crank, Stumble, Stall @ Cold Start) under the extended warranty for the SSS here:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/z...ge=28

Personally - I'm thinking the SSS (Start, Stumble, Stall) issue caused the Fuel Sensor to fail, as I had to crank Mrs. T's V50 for about 15 minutes after multiple start cycles to get it up to operating temperature and 'faultless' starts.

THEN the CEL lit up for the 1st time in 5 years and nearly 70K miles.

Just googled Volvo part # 31272732. It's the replacement part # for 30756097 mentioned in SMB 23-181, TNN 23-181.

Oh well - I guess I really can't complain much (but will anyway). This is the first time I've had to put $$$ into the V50 - other than FSM, tires and rear brakes. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: (tomkat73)

Just wondering, me CEL came on last week on my S60 2.4l with 70k miles on it. Went to local Autozone and had them pull up the error messages. Had the following message:
# P0192 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input

Could this be the same sensor that needs replacing on my car as well?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good lord. I was told this wasn't pricey. 230 CAD is a bit I think. I though mayb 50 USD haha.

Well my CEL hasnt come back. My dad borrowed my car and filled it up. I'm thinking he might have put 95 octane in it will it should only run on 99 according to my tune.

The tank is now only filled with 99 and no more problems. :) Could this be it? Kyle? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Volvo S40 2.4 L5 Pressure Sensor Fault signal

Hi Guys,

I've recently found out that I am maybe having the same problem with my S40 but I wasn't able to find the part number for my engine elsewhere, I thought it might be the same as the 2.4L S60 but I think it looks different when I saw the pictures in the thread. Please could anyone help me here?:eek: It's non turbo 2005 2.4 140HP

·
Registered
209 Posts
Got it too today !

Check this out !

The sensor is actually Bosch - part number 0261230238

On Volvo it has the codes 31251447 31272732 among others and it damn expensive.

The same sensor but with a Ford tag, that means the same engine but on a Focus ST has part number 1582665 wich is actually our Volvo sensor, wich is then a Bosch part at its roots.

Funny thing is, buy the Bosch sensor with the Volvo tag and pay a lot, buy it directly Bosch ( untagged ) and pay a little less, and buy it with a Ford tag and pay much less. I can get the same sensor but from Ford wich is 50%+ cheaper.

Someone explain this to me !

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Probably the same concept as to why an audi part would be more than a VW when its the same damn part lol. Volvo's are high end so they have to charge more for the same part that a **** box focus uses haha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Found it even cheaper - On Land Rovers :))

Part # for Land Rover LR005493

So for when you need this part, go to a parts shop and ask the price for these:

0261230110 Bosch
30756097 Volvo
LR005493 Land Rover
1582665 Ford

Buy the less expensive one, its the same thing :).

Good luck buying them cheaper ! :))

P.S: I work in a car parts shop.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
How do you relieve the pressure before removing the sensor?
You remove fuse 74 on the passenger fuse box (under glove box), start the car, then in this how-to I wrote you remove the valve cap on the drive side of the engine (after removing the fuse and trying to start the car) and press it and relieve the pressure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Confusing part #'s! What I took off the car was #8699449 replaced with #31272732 ordered from Tasca. There website actually showed something else as a superceded # but the parts guy emailed me and said that this was wrong and the correct replacement is #31272732.

'05 V50 T5

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Confusing part #'s! What I took off the car was #8699449 replaced with #31272732 ordered from Tasca. There website actually showed something else as a superceded # but the parts guy emailed me and said that this was wrong and the correct replacement is #31272732.

'05 V50 T5
awesome! I should've bought the land rover one. I'm calling Volvo tomorrow to complain to their head office. I want my money back for the sensor I bought which was a failure on my V50.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Having the same issues now...how is the LR sensor so far? for some of you it has been 2 years now? no problems ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, however for whom may be interested/helpful: in my case I had to struggle a little bit with pulling out the sensor. It was quite stiff. Even if it's hard to pull out, I recommend NOT to use a screwdriver or butter knife between the fuel rail and the sensor to get it out. It may damage the edge of the fuel rail since it's made out of aluminum and the sensor won't come out anyway. Instead, stick one or two of the fingers from the right hand UNDER the sensor until you feel the bottom edge and pull it out using both hands (the fingers from the left hand will be pulling the top part of the sensor). I had to use quite some force while joggling it to get it out. The new sensor went in with no headache (got the LR015294 for $110 CDN, tax included from Land Rover dealer). The Volvo price was $272 + TAX!!! - yes, 3 times more expensive!

Also, I have removed fuse 74 while the engine was running to relieve the gasoline pressure in the fuel rail. Once the engine stopped, I have also released the fuel rail valve located on the right side of the fuel rail (the blue or grey cap) to relieve further any remaining pressure. I ended up only with a few drops of gasoline getting out of the fuel rail. Using Bounty towels was more than sufficient. Stick some Bounty towels under the sensor when you pull it out as well to absorb any last drops of gasoline. And reminder to use just a little bit of vaseline around the rubber seal before pushing the sensor in the fuel rail.

The engine now runs way smoother (feels almost like new at 225,000KM!) with very smooth idling. The torque has increased (I would say back to normal) - climbing significant steep hills with 1500 RPM (have the T5 engine).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question & Comment:
I got my FPS on Amazon (new) for $53.

I change the FPS out and tried to reset the CEL without any results. Took the car back to AutoZone for a reading and now, not only do I still have the FPS too high (PO193) but I'm getting codes PO301 for misfires in 1 & 3 and large vacuum leak, injector leak or blocked.

Again the CEL will not go out nor let me reset it.

Any suggestions?

2005 Volvo S40 T5 just over 161k

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.