SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I had my PEM module replaced earlier this year (April I think). Got a P0190 code from my ScanGaugeII today. First time I've seen it. Unscrewed gas cap, put it back in. Reset code. Code came back.

So, it looks like I'll be installing an FPS in the next few weeks. I'm wondering if the PEM module's corruption put more strain on the FPS and short-lived it.

Also, wondering if I will be having any stalling issues. So, far no issues, and only the P0190 code. It'll probably be about two weeks before I can change this out, but maybe sooner.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part ordered from Tasca...yippee-ki-yayyyy mother...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I get a charge of $29 for UPS Ground Shipping. Call them, and the rep says, "Oh, yeah it's based on a %." A few moments later, "I can get it shipped UPS 3-Day Saver for $16."

"Ok, cool. Let's do it."

Find out today it shipped UPS GROUND.

So, I'm wondering why I spent time on the phone with the rep, going through all the hassle to get a quicker shipping time.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
So, I get a charge of $29 for UPS Ground Shipping. Call them, and the rep says, "Oh, yeah it's based on a %." A few moments later, "I can get it shipped UPS 3-Day Saver for $16."

"Ok, cool. Let's do it."

Find out today it shipped UPS GROUND.

So, I'm wondering why I spent time on the phone with the rep, going through all the hassle to get a quicker shipping time.
Tasca totally dicks around with people on shipping. You should call them back, because their site says that shipping is estimated at no more than 9% of the order amount with a min. charge of $10. If the part was $126 (from their site), you should pay $11.34 shipping. You need to call them and get it changed/credited back to you. I don't know why they have to screw people on shipping. This happened to me and I was not happy and got into it with the manager.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to update this. Tasca cleared things up today, and I'll be getting the part tomorrow and at the latest, Friday. I appreciate them taking care of this and will do business with them again.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
good for you man, i put a order last week...but im on vacation let see what the mail man have brought me when in home.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
So what did they end up charging you for shipping on a small $126 part?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like $16. The part was actually ~$139.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
So they still didn't honor their own shipping policy...lame.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I'm not sure why all the hassle. Seems like it's up to the customer to actually call to get a better shipping quote. Why not just adjust the product prices and have shipping costs more realistic without having all the issues with customers calling? Maybe most customers don't call.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thought I should update this. I installed the new FPS (Fuel Pressure Sensor) yesterday afternoon.

The red bolded part applies ONLY to 2.4i owners:

The Volvo Part # for an S40 2.4i model, is # 31272733. One digit higher than the T5's. Also, when taking off the Timing Belt cover, there are NO Torx Screws on the main engine cover, so you only have two screws to deal with, and a little maneuvering of the TB cover.

In addition, if you let the car sit overnight, you won't have hardly any fuel coming out of the release valve (no bubbles). Found this out because I forgot to get a damn T25 key from the local Auto Zone as this is a very tight spot and didn't have a smaller wrench.

However, if you use the car the same day, and don't let the car sit overnight, you will have more gas coming out the valve (w/bubbles and more gas), and maybe even a 1/4 cup of gas coming out the rail--found this out because I bought a Torx key set the same day!

So, what I did, beforehand luckily, was to get two terry cloths and stuff them over the alternator and on the valve side as well, then two large paper towels over those to catch the initial gas.

Do this, and you will NOT have any issues with gas getting on either sides--especially the alternator. But you will have some relatively soaked towels on the rail side. So deal with them accordingly.

The P0190 code has gone and no CEL for the last 150 miles. I decided to test it out today and went for a drive, along with a nice 15-mile hike.

I may post some pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts