SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read what I could find on our forum on this code and it seems the most common cause is the Mass Air Flow sensor. however that usually when that was the issue codes popped up on both banks saying they were running too lean. has anyone else had just the one? And what was the cause/fix for it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've read what I could find on our forum on this code and it seems the most common cause is the Mass Air Flow sensor. however that usually when that was the issue codes popped up on both banks saying they were running too lean. has anyone else had just the one? And what was the cause/fix for it?
FWIW: I got this code not long after I installed a K&N air filter. Tried clearing the code, cleaning the MAF and it would eventually always return. When I went back to the standard paper air filter, it finally stayed away. Did you happen to install one of these lately?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW: I got this code not long after I installed a K&N air filter. Tried clearing the code, cleaning the MAF and it would eventually always return. When I went back to the standard paper air filter, it finally stayed away. Did you happen to install one of these lately?
I've always just kept the standard paper filter after reading about the issues with k&n filters. I red your post on the problem you were having and I noticed you were getting codes indicating both banks were running lean, because I'm getting only one code it leads me to believe it wouldn't be the mass air flow sensor simply because the maf is in the intake meaning it couldn't determine if an individual bank is running lean.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eventually a shop had to take a look, they found a vacuum line partially unseated. They tightened it up and everything has been just fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Eventually a shop had to take a look, they found a vacuum line partially unseated. They tightened it up and everything has been just fine ever since.
Do you know what exact line they checked out? Or have any ideas on where to look?

I have a bank 2 too lean error code that's returning, high frequency/occurrence according to VIDA. I tried cleaning the MAF even though I didn't suspect any issues, since it's specific to a bank. I did some graph readouts in VIDA also and bank 2 seems to be around 107% lambda whereas bank 1 sits around 99-101%.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know what exact line they checked out? Or have any ideas on where to look?

I have a bank 2 too lean error code that's returning, high frequency/occurrence according to VIDA. I tried cleaning the MAF even though I didn't suspect any issues, since it's specific to a bank. I did some graph readouts in VIDA also and bank 2 seems to be around 107% lambda whereas bank 1 sits around 99-101%.
I'm sorry I don't. I think it was one back by the little cylinder that runs vacuum to the active intake but i'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hm, weird that it would cause a one-sided lean error then. But I'll try to take a look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts