SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New to the forum. I recently purchased a 2006 xc90 v8 with 72k miles from the original owner. Very happy with it, its in great shape. I changed the oil, air filter, cabin air filter and cleaned out the engine bay. I get the above codes. I know what they mean, but wanted to know if anyone else experience this after replacing the air filter and cleaning out the engine bay (sprayed cleaner and hosed off) ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
since u got 2 lean codes and a fuel pressure circuit fault it could be just a bad fps. also if u have a 06 or older v8 xc90 its possible u may have a bad fp module which is located in the r/r wheel well and will corrode out. check fuel pressure and go from there.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Replaced air filter and washed everything down? Got lean bank 1 plus a lean bank 2, huh?

I'm betting on a dirty or fouled or broken MAF (Mass Airflow Sensor).

Sits on top of the air box right above the air filter facing towards the back of the car. Can check the plug, if you're fortunate it simply came off. Otherwise GENTLY look around for debris in the upper part of the box and maybe get a can of MAF cleaner from an auto parts store (not carb cleaner, MAF cleaner) and spray the assembly. Do not touch anything in the plastic loop, just spray.

If you're super lucky, it's the connector. If you're pretty lucky it's just a fouled sensor. If it's not one of these, likely the MAF is damaged and it's a Volvo part (8658471) that retails for $244 but you can find for $156 on the OEM resellers (before shipping). Can also find used on the big auction site, cross-check Denso MB197400-3080, the same part number is used for most Volvos with the 2.4l and 3.2l engines as well as for the V8.

That's my simple guess, let us know what you find.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cleaned the MAF, checked the clamps for the air duct to make sure its secure and lined up properly and checked the fuel cap ( I dont think it was closed properly). The codes went away by themselves. Will keep on eye on it. thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts