SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have an XC90 T6 2.0 of 2016. There are a couple of months now that I am having problems with the high idling, usually when the car is stopped in traffic, or when driving in low speed (again in traffic). The engine is revving up while idling and goes at around 1,500 rpm or when in parking mode it could go even as high as 2,000 rpm. Afterwards it goes again to 800 rpm for some seconds and then again to 1,500 rpm. If I put the car in manual, the engine is not revving anymore. This problem does not happen when I just turn on the car but it starts happening after driving for around 10-20 minutes. I don't have this problem when driving in highway or in streets without traffic.

The technicians are saying that there is somewhere some air leak which causes this problem but they haven't been able to find it. They have thoroughly checked all the pipes and they cannot find any leakage at any parts.
They cleaned the body throttle valve, they even changed another valve in the upper part (not sure about the name of it) which was supposed to generate this problem, but still no positive results.

When checked with computer, I get the errors P0171 and P0507. Until a couple of days ago, I also had the engine lamp turned on, but after changing the gas station (the quality of the gas in my country is not great) the engine lamp is turned off, so I assume the lamp engine was turned on because of the gas quality. After the lamp has been turned off, I haven't check the error codes on the car but the idling issue still persists.

The technicians (which they admit, they don't have much experience with these new models of Volvo) are running out of ideas and this problem is really annoying and I am not sure whether it may damage the engine. I don't know much of cars actually, so I am not a technical guy

Have you guys experienced any such issues and can you give me any hints on what else to check?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,
Yesterday I said that the engine light was turned off, but in the evening, after driving around the city (and in traffic) the light was turned on again. Not sure if it is related to the two codes above.
Also, the technicians have not smoke tested the engine for any leaks (apparently they don't have the equipment yet in their workplace). So this whole story sounds like a quiz to me. The checks with computer, do not show any problems with the O2 sensors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interestingly enough, the problem was related to the resetting of the software... When the guys at the service had the timing belt replaced, apparently they hadn't reset the software which caused the problem... Well, at least no serious issues with any parts of car. Car is working OK in the last weeks, finally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts