SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To preface this, I needed to get my car inspected, and so I replaced the leak Detection Pump/Valve & cleared the recurring codes (can't recall them offhand, there were 3 codes).

Problem then is that I don't drive enough miles for the readiness monitors to set. When I took it in, the O2 non-continuous and the Catalyst non-continuous were (and still are) not ready, so it failed inspection.

I've tried a couple of the short readiness drives I've found online, without success.

The additional issue is that when the weather shifts, I also get P0133 codes on a fairly regular basis, until temps settle. I assumed this one is rear O2 related, since I have the O2 spacer for the Mototec Cat, and a Hilton tune (had the same code with the Elevate tunes)

Just today I got a P0137 code, which I think is also rear O2.

Looking online, it seems the fuel pressure sensor could also be the culprit, if it's dropping the values & causing a partial lean condition?

I'm going to try the long (for me) drive listed on the Volvo ODBII readiness document, but if I do now have another issue, obviously this won't help any.

I'm under the gun to figure this out, since the inspection is now past due.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did the Volvo ODBII drive sequence today. That set the Cat readiness, but I still have the EVAP and O2 non-continuous not ready. The EVAP or O2 will set tomorrow, then I can pass, since 1 not ready is acceptable.

I changed the rear O2 today after the drive. Hopefully that will resolve the P0133 & P0137 codes.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had changed the rear O2 on Sunday, but it wasn't a Bosch part & the system didn't like the heater circuit, so it set P0038 code & turned on the MIL :(

Swapped that out yesterday, for a used Bosch O2 I had (from my V70), and that resolved the P0038 code this morning. But... now all the monitors are off.

So, I need to repeat a long drive cycle to get the Cat to ready, and hopefully either the EVAP or the O2 to set.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks to Rich (Moosetech on C30crew) - he suggested running a tank test from VIDA & explained how to do it

These still showed up after,

but running the test 2x & putting a little silicone grease on the gas cap seal made the EVAP set

Still have the O2 not ready, but one is OK.

Drove straight to the station & got is passed.

Have to figure these out:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts