SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting that CEL and reduced engine performance message. the car will idle like crap then too. Its a brand new MAF and air filter. all hoses are fine and it boosts perfectly with no over boost.

I disc. the battery and it runs fine and all messages go away. Then it will come back after a bit of driving. any ideas?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Happy to report the problem is solved.

So two of my spark plugs had come loose. not a lot, maybe 1/2 turn loose. but it was giving a bad reading between maf and o2 sensor. I guess the MAF code is the first one to throw. Checked all my plugs and tightened them to spec. Pulls like a champ and has some power that I had lost.

App someone didn't tighten them enough...cough cough me, but that was like 6 months ago that I messed with them lol

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Hey MKD. i was just about to start a MAF thread but will chime on in yours. i just had to replace mine with a new one.
Bad MAF? symptoms: no "warm up" idle
car runs rich and bigtime rich over 3,000 rpms (obviously AFR guage helps here)
Boost is about 1/2 what it should be (car is probably in "reduced performance" mode - fyi this is not "limp" mode)
possible backfires (due to running rich)
P01 error codes
I replaced my MAF with a new one and all the above symptoms are gone.
If you are experiencing the above and want to verify it's the MAF without going to Volvo - simply unplug the MAF and drive. if there is no change in the symptoms it is most likely your MAF.
$240 picked up from dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts