SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm growing increasingly concerned with the P0027, what have you guys done to get rid of it? It's just a grey code, so it doesn't pop a CEL but sometimes you can really tell the performance is down. I've also got the P2196 - It will not go away

I've replaced the Front O2 sensor to no avail - I still get the code no matter what. It's only really been coming on since I've put my home-made downpipe on, but I didn't get it with the OBX downpipe (which also had a spacer on the 2nd O2 sensor) but either way, it's essentially the same thing, minus the spacer. What the F*** is causing the stuck rich issue? I've checked boost leaks, I've cleaned MAF, changed spark plugs... Doesn't change anything. Still get the code.

I just ordered a spacer that will fit (90 degrees ftw) and hopefully it works, and I'm thinking it's possibly related to the P2196 - however a buddy has a downpipe from one of the members here with a high flow cat, and he's using my old spacer that I used on the OBX which didn't throw any codes, except he's also getting a P2196.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Maybe it's the O2 sensor itself and maybe the wiring?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Maybe the MAF is on its way out and feeding altered data. I am dealing with Stuck Lean code while my car smokes like a diesel under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe the MAF is on its way out and feeding altered data. I am dealing with Stuck Lean code while my car smokes like a diesel under hard acceleration.
I've switched MAF's - and brand new O2, switched it with old O2 and still same thing.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
The fact that the P2196 code is set on one downpipe (your custom DP), but not on another (your OBX downpipe), does not rule out the possibility of the spacer being the underlying cause. If the orientation and/or length of the bung for the rear oxygen sensor is different on the two downpipes, then it is possible that you will get the code with one downpipe but not the other.

If you remove the spacer and get the low efficiency cat converter code (P0420), but the stuck rich code (P2196) does not re-appear, then that would point to the spacer being the issue.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fact that the P2196 code is set on one downpipe (your custom DP), but not on another (your OBX downpipe), does not rule out the possibility of the spacer being the underlying cause. If the orientation and/or length of the bung for the rear oxygen sensor is different on the two downpipes, then it is possible that you will get the code with one downpipe but not the other.

If you remove the spacer and get the low efficiency cat converter code (P0420), but the stuck rich code (P2196) does not re-appear, then that would point to the spacer being the issue.
Now I'm actually getting O2 sensor NO ACTIVITY detected - Bank 1 Sensor 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts