SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First of all, happy new year! To make the story short, After filling my car with gas and driving home, I shut off the car. After turning it on the check engine light came on. First thing I verified was the gas cap, well it was loose (I'm stupid). But the light stayed on, so I pulled the codes: two P0027's. Thing is, car is behaving normally and haven't had any performance issues nor weird noises. To my luck, is it related? Or is there anything to check before my wallet celebrates?

Details: timing belt replaced 12k ago, fps and pcv were replaced a couple months ago, pem is under the rear drivers seat. My car is a 07' t5 with 52k on the clock. It wouldn't be a volvo if it never threw codes! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The two codes might be referring to ECM-6140 and ECM-614b, which both relate to the exhaust cam solenoid. Is it safe to drive around with it? Only fear is the timing jumping a tooth or something along those lines.

I went to the dealer and they wanted to charge me $90 for looking at the code plus I had to leave the car! Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Having had my timing belt jump a tooth, it was worth the money to just hand it over to the dealer.

But... Is your car behaving funny in any other ways? Different exhaust note, strange noises, lacking power, etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is my fear as well but the car is behaving normally! I will order the cam solenoid and see if that clears the code. At least it is an easy fix. Autozone may be more competent than my volvo dealer, that's how good the dealer is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts