SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P0011. Has anyone else had this code pop up? Something to do with advanced intake timing. VVT solenoid?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: P0011 (carmonkey)

You also have a check engine indication? If the car is running ok, and the display isn't saying "service engine soon" or "stop engine", then you're probably ok to drive it for a little while to see what happens. But it's a darn good idea to take it in. How many miles on it, and did anything change recently?<p>It would be interesting to know the actual Volvo DTC, instead of the SAE generic one. You'd need a dealer tool though.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
Re: P0011 (carmonkey)

You'll need the dealer to scan it, im pretty sure thats the code i just dealt with on friday though. Low oil pressure, faulty VVT, or sensor. I just had the VVT units off and all the oil had dripped out of them so when i started it there was low oil pressure and it set the code. <p>In your case i would have to ask the miles and if you have had anything done with the timing or VVT's lately.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about 47,000 limels on it. This is the 2nd engine. The 1st one blew up from hydro-lock (long story). The exhaust wasn't changed and I think the water/debris could have killed my cat converter. I just learned that P0011 can pop up if the cat is bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts