SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've recently encountered the dumb power steering reservoir suction valve failure and let it get worse over the course of a month or so. What started as a small feeling in the steering wheel turned into a faint whine and into what I have today. It was such a small problem that I just kept forgetting to buy the part. I have the part on order now along with enough fluid to flush the system out but as of now here's my condition:

Steering is getting pretty jittery as in it will have normal assistance throughout a turn along with little dead areas of no help and no power. So im jumping from power to no power a bunch of times through a normal turn. Will be fine on a cold start but get steadily worse throughout the drive as it heats up. Very annoying but on to the main deal.

P/S fluid gets pretty bubbly after a drive obviously because of the valve not working right but I just want to know what I'm in for. The pump was obviously getting some fluid and thus lubrication do I'm not too too worried about that. Just need to know bad my pump and rack suffered as i put it through this. I don't want to hear any speculation first off. I don't want to hear that you "think" _______ will happen or you "think" that ______ happened to my parts. If you know then awesome, if not then don't say anything at all. I already "think" I'll be fine with a new reservoir and fluid so if anyone has any facts to add to that please do :) thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
that is a really hard call. Anything could happen at anytime so who knows? If you don't want to hear what people will "think" happen then the forums is the wrong place. No one is looking at your car or working on it themselves online so we are never sure and most of the time it is what we "Think". That being said if it were my car I would just fix your known problem flush the fluid and go from there. Why put a new rack in prematurely when you could just fix the problem and the rack last another 40k. That is just my thoughts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
take it to the dealership. I KNOW they know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the responses. And don't take the OP the wrong way. Just trying to keep this thread clean and informative since this is a pretty common problem. There's been too much pointless stuff and bickering on SS lately. So if anyone has experienced this and has any insight to it please post. Thx all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts