SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help out a fellow board member with an overdrive lever and could use some help identifying what the correct part number would be for a 71 140.

I have 2 the same part number with a short stalk (PN: LS 201 108) and 1 with a longer stalk (no PN, but about 6.5" long).

There was a short one that sold on ebaay recently and it was listed for 140's and 164's, so I am assuming the short stalk would be correct for 71 140, but it leaves me confused about the one with the longer stalk, maybe it's for a 73 and later 140?

This is the ebaay one....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, looking at the CVI link in the neighbor thread for "M40 to M41", I think the part number I listed (and is in the picture) is just for the bracket, not the swich itself.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The long stalk is correct for the 1971 (I think PN 677479) and I believe was in use up to 1972. I don't know what that short stalk switch is. I don't believe that it is a Volvo part because it would be insanity for a manufacturer to install a switch that you would have to reach around behind the steering wheel to operate! I know that people have installed regular toggle switches in place of the rather expensive long stalk OD switch.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking, unless the steering wheel diameter was smaller, it would be dangerous and awkward.

Okay, I had my wife go out to the shop and take a picture of the three stalks with their brackets....the one in the middle has the braket bent up funny, I pulled it off a 71 column that someone modded it to. So that alone should have told me that it wasnt correct.

Tonight I'll try fitting up the long stalk to the column in my car to confirm.

Still curious about the short stalks though, maybe for their for a 1800?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
The one on the left is for 140/160 1972 and prior. The middle one is for the 1973 140/160 only (but the tabs would have been bent at a 90 degree originally like the one on the right) The arm on the right is for 1974 140/160 only, as they went to an aluminum housing like in the 240's and this bracket slides in between the aluminum mounting tabs for the wiper stalk. Congrats-you have all three models!

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts