SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a source for identifying a Laycock Overdrive by serial number? I think it's a Type D but I don't know for sure. It's out of a '63 1800 but it may not be original. A quick web search didn't find anything. The serial number is 32 / 3326 (or5?) / 001719.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Almost definitely a D-type. The J-type is larger and has a different rear driveshaft flange. It could fit, but the parts around it would have to change.

Also I think the tags on the J typically say J-type, but there are likely to be exceptions.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost definitely a D-type. The J-type is larger and has a different rear driveshaft flange. It could fit, but the parts around it would have to change.

Also I think the tags on the J typically say J-type, but there are likely to be exceptions.
I'm putting it into an Amazon wagon and have the driveshaft, as well. I'm trying to make sure what I have before ordering a seal and gasket kit for it.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
D-type has the solenoid on the right side, and there's a single wire to it. J-type has the solenoid on the left, and it has two wires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts