SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched far and wide before posting this. I had the ipd hd tcv installed when it started acting up so I put my stock tcv in to see if that would fix the problem... nope. So next i read that maybe the ecu needed to be reset so i undid the battery and held the wires together for about 20 seconds took it for a ride and it still is happening. I am very frustrated and dont know where to go from here I've tried everything i could think of and want to get this fixed for when my tune comes in the end of next week. any help would be greatly appreciated

-Paul

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Alright Ill order one and see if that is the problem. Hopefully that fixes it thanks for the reply.

edit: do you think it could be just dirty? if so what could i use to clean it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It peaks around 13 psi before it cuts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
It peaks around 13 psi before it cuts
thats actually not overboosting. my c30 went to 15 on the stock tune before it would cut. it's normal in the new england region apparently.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats actually not overboosting. my c30 went to 15 on the stock tune before it would cut. it's normal in the new england region apparently.
The overboosting code came up when I checked it with an obd2 scanner and when I say cut I mean the car won't build any boost at all unless I turn the car off and restart it

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
15 PSI on a stock tune ??????? you sure man ?

·
Registered
574 Posts
when I say cut I mean the car won't build any boost at all unless I turn the car off and restart it
Sounds like the ballvalvethingy on turbo getting stuck. Cant find the thread but there have been a few similar issues corrected by replacing the valve. Apparently a pita to swap..

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The overboosting code came up when I checked it with an obd2 scanner and when I say cut I mean the car won't build any boost at all unless I turn the car off and restart it
This happened to me with a aftermarket TCV, no codes but at some point the ecu just cut the boost and you have to restart the car to gain boost. "limp mode"

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This happened to me with a aftermarket TCV, no codes but at some point the ecu just cut the boost and you have to restart the car to gain boost. "limp mode"

Yeah I thought that it was my aftermarket TCV so I put my stock one back in but the same thing keeps happening. I ordered a new boost sensor should be in monday hopefully that fixes the problem and if not I might have to bring it into the dealer to have it checked out but id rather not have to do that

Sounds like the ballvalvethingy on turbo getting stuck. Cant find the thread but there have been a few similar issues corrected by replacing the valve. Apparently a pita to swap..
Do you think you could provide a diagram showing the part you are talking about cause i havent heard anything about a valve thing on the turbo... maybe the wastegate? ive checked my wastegate setting though with the ipd adjusting tool and I set it at 3 psi to see if that would help it but of course no luck

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Alright ill take a look tomorrow when its light out to see if I can see any problems with the check valve thank you

edit: do you know if they sell this part seperately anywhere esides at the dealer. I checked tasca but couldnt find the part anywhere

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah I thought that it was my aftermarket TCV so I put my stock one back in but the same thing keeps happening. I ordered a new boost sensor should be in monday hopefully that fixes the problem and if not I might have to bring it into the dealer to have it checked out but id rather not have to do that

Do you think you could provide a diagram showing the part you are talking about cause i havent heard anything about a valve thing on the turbo... maybe the wastegate? ive checked my wastegate setting though with the ipd adjusting tool and I set it at 3 psi to see if that would help it but of course no luck
As people always use to tell me here, re- check the connection. There is a diagram on the hood of your car, you just have to understand the turbo lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Vacuum connections of course.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As people always use to tell me here, re- check the connection. There is a diagram on the hood of your car, you just have to understand the turbo lol.

On the tcv I checked and checked and checked again to make sure it was hooked up correctly i know for a fact it is not how the tcv is hooked up the only thing that it could be when it comes to the tcv is that both of them that i have are bad which could be the case but im doubting it

·
Registered
574 Posts
not familiar with Tesco but I am sure volvo can provide one.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
15 PSI on a stock tune ??????? you sure man ?
Yeah. I even made a video of it on another over posting thread.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
837 Posts
my overboost was always caused by backwards TCV hoses, but then it would boost to 20 before the ecu cuts all power.

secondly it was a wastegate set to high.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I will be replacing the boost pressure sensor on the ic tomorrow once I get out of work and will let everyone know if that fixes the problem. Thanks everyone for all the help I appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts