SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I'd faced a problem. The stock boost on my car (with custom 3" exhaust) was 1 bar and sometimes it had reached 1,1 in peaks. Yesterday I tried to accelerate and my boost had growing quick and hadn't hold on 1 bar. It reached 1,5, after this I'd stopped to push an accelerator pedal, because I understood, that it is no normal boost growing, but acceleration was awesome. ;)
Today I checked my turbo control valve. I changed IPD TCV to stock one, but the issue hasn't gone. I made a look to 3 vacuum hoses, that goes from TCV, and as I could see, everything was ok with this lines. I think, something wrong can be with waste-gate. Could the membrane stick or something?
Please, help, in which way should I look, to solve this problem.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No idea?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had this happen after a long hot day drivin. After a week it went away...really weird and unexplainable. But it's now normal. So I don't care

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem was with my waste-gate.
The waste gate rod had twisted out, because of this the membrane had not opened. I think it happened because the adjusting ring was adjusted on the end position of the rod. I think the spring in my waste-gate had gone out and I need to replace the waste-gate to new one.
Be careful, when you adjusting your waste-gate rod.

PS: Its strange, that only I had faced with this issue.
PPS: There was not any errors on the dash board and the boost could growing up to 1,5 bars or more without any errors and dips on accelerating. Thats why I am thinking about installing some electonic boost controller and look, how it will work with caR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts