SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The outer door handle on the passenger side has begun to stick. It is a little more difficult to pull open, and occasionally the handle gets stuck in the other position. Manually locking and unlocking the door from the interior door pin/handle also is not as smooth as it should be. Anybody deal with this? Found there may be a tech bulletin on it, # TJ 20904. -Anybody have access?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
The outer door handle on the passenger side has begun to stick. It is a little more difficult to pull open, and occasionally the handle gets stuck in the other position. Manually locking and unlocking the door from the interior door pin/handle also is not as smooth as it should be. Anybody deal with this? Found there may be a tech bulletin on it, # TJ 20904. -Anybody have access?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dirty inside door handle :(
Try some silicon/ptfe grease inside

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
What I've heard is that you can file down/trim some part of the handle mechanism to help prevent this. But a clean sounds like a good start.

My handle also sticks on the way out though, gets stuck midway on opening and makes the opening jerky, as if something's very poorly adjusted. Not sure a clean will fix that though...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure a clean will fix that though...
My dealer did this procedure on my xc60.
0/ disassembled handle
1/ maximum degrease all parts,
2/ using Liqui Moly PTFE-Pulver-Spray (or similar) for lubricating handle parts (inside, outside)

Helped for approx. 1 year.
But unfortunatly, everything returns time-to-time, many of owners have similar problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody know how to disassemble the handle as mentioned above and shown AndreyS' pic?

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anybody know how to disassemble the handle as mentioned above and shown AndreyS' pic?

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Note: bolt inside door in depth near 5-7cm. No more 4 turns couterclockwise! (or the bolt will fall down)

P.S. As additional if anybody have keyless and buttons not work - disassembly like above, but one more step :)

and check connections and cables, many problems with the rotten cables...

·
Registered
29 Posts
i bought 2014 xc60 and i have exact same problem. Problem with the handle is very noticeable on drivers side (front door). @AndreyS thanks for the guide will try it out @ weekend, but what kind of lubricant i should use? Or it helps just to clean the inside of the handle ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
i bought 2014 xc60 and i have exact same problem. Problem with the handle is very noticeable on drivers side (front door). @AndreyS thanks for the guide will try it out @ weekend, but what kind of lubricant i should use? Or it helps just to clean the inside of the handle ?
In my opinion good cleaning and using any good teflon lube/spray is enough.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
How do your bad handles feel? My drivers side handle has stuck in the out position on a few occasions but nothing common. What's more annoying is how it feels like the handle gets stuck 3/4ths of the way. Sometimes it does and you need a second tug to open it but overall it feels like a bump. I didn't bother with taking it apart yesterday as I wasn't sure if this is the same problem you're experiencing but I did spray a bit of teflon based lube as the picture showed and I don't really feel any difference. The non-sticking part feels a bit smoother I guess.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I've had my S80 for almost six years now, only drivers door has the problem. Something I've also realized is that the passenger inner handle is smoother and requiring less force to open. Though it's the outer drivers side handle that's the worst, inner is overall fine, but the difference between left/right makes me wonder if it's something other than the outer handle malfunctioning.

The lock was replaced on the drivers side door because the inner lock wouldn't always function, to a used one from a salvage yard, so I'm pretty confident that's not where the fault lies. Could it be with cables, from handle to lock? Or poorly adjusted door somehow (sits straight as far as I can tell).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.