SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Full Album here - http://imgur.com/a/2xRrG

So, recently my wife has had some health issues that have made driving stick difficult and on some days impossible. Her doctor this week recommended that she get rid of her beloved Mazda 5 Sport and get something with an automatic.
Her dream car has always been a Red (Passion Red only) Volvo wagon. Unfortunately I couldn't find one new enough and after driving the XC60, XC90 and XC70, she decided that she preferred how the XC70 drove and looked and the 3rd gen XC70 was never offered in Passion Red
After an extensive research for the right one, we started driving all over the north of Boston. We drove a bunch and eventually I got a call from this dealer who wanted to do a KBB Cash Offer on my Mazda 5, so we went that way with no notice to look at it.

It was REALLY clean and drove great. 2012, T6, fairly loaded and had 120k miles on it.

After speaking with them we were allowed to take it home from Salem NH to Salem MA for a PDI on a dealer plate. PDI checked out great. The shop said it was due for belts and pulleys, but noted that the belts were new but the pulleys weren't (Is this a part of the maintenance? I could only find information on doing the belt at 120k) and the vacuum pump needs a rebuild. Total cost to repair that is like $700. I was able to get the cost of the car down a bit, get a good rate and walked out as the proud owners of a new XC70 T6. My wife loves it and that's all that matters.

Next steps: we want to get a cargo liner for the rear and the steel cargo barrier to keep my crazy dog secure in the back and the hair at bay.

any leads on where to get those without breaking the bank would be great.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Ours does it without anything special.
My friend says with the options it has its a Premier Plus model?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I have a 2011 model and no Sensus so I think thats why I would need this "upgrade" to play music via Bluetooth

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Excellent score out of the listing you posed! Good luck with it.
Wash, wax, vacuum, drive, maintain, fuel up, repeat. :)

If she's still in the market for one at some point, check with me to see if I'm ready to pass the baton. Still AWD... ;)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I like the family picture, reminds me of when my parents upgraded to a newer car, incidentally also a black estate :) Great combination as well, XC70+T6 and also the interior combination of tan leather and wood inserts.

Passion red is a great color on an 850, maybe a P2 V70 but I can't help but to think the newer cars look dated in solid red rather than a metallic one. Black is timeless.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Very nice!

Congrates on the purchase.

I got the trunk bucket/liners and dividers online, sorry I can't remember who exactly. I just went to the volvo accessories website ( http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us) got the part number and the started googling for the best price.

Good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

In a rare bit of luck, I've found that my local dealer's online store (https://www.volvopartscounter.com/) usually has the best parts prices. Unfortunately shipping might kill it for you (especially for big things like liners and dog gates) even though it's close unless you ever come to CT. Definitely check around though. It's good to know what other dealers charge when you go into your local one, as prices can be all over the place...

For the cargo liners, I have flat one (31408509) which and comes in tan ($87 for tan - $77 for black). If I never put the seats down, I think I'd go for the taller one (30776706 - $127) though. I just realized that it only comes in black if that's of concern to you.

I'd love to get the folding dog gate but my dog won't leave the front passenger seat anyway, so it's fairly pointless.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I want to get that liner that's hinged that allows you to use the grocery thing (31408509)
looks like you had that number. I'll look around. My dealer couldn't get it.
Mine does allow that, but just fyi, the liner is longer than the grocery thing so it sticks up pretty far when it's open. It blocks a bit of the rear view and also means that the luggage cover won't close.

If you have a problem getting one and my dealer (the link I posted) can, I might be able to get it to Medford or thereabouts in June. I'm happy to be a parts mule if it'll help.* :)

* No, I don't have any connection to that dealer. I don't even like them. But they DO usually have the best price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats, looks nice as does your family

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the mat
now to find the cargo grille thing
It's real expensive. I'm not sure if I should get that or just like a $40 dog thing on Amazon
The grille is kinda hard to find. I got mine at https://www.myswedishparts.com/oem-parts/volvo-protecting-gra-31498781 a few years ago. It was $296 +$25 to ship. Part # then was 31351225. Don't know why Volvo has so many part numbers for the same thing. Mine is the cocoa brown(?) color.

A little cheaper but check the shipping.http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31498781

I think it's well worth the price just for the convenience. I only need it a few times a year and its there and ready to go with a simple fold down.

My lab would be in the front(drivers)seat in no time without it.

No more VW's?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chapel, congrats on your new car! IMHO the steel protective grille is totally worth it, even though it's a bit expensive. It keeps my 60 lb dog and me both happy and safe. Not sure what the alternate $40 dog thing is, but it's hard to imagine it would provide the same level of safety and convenience. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts