SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to inform you that we ordered a new S60 2.4 yesterday! The car is Mistral green (I'm not sure if that colour is availeable in the USA) with Arena (Taupe, I think) leather interior and sport seats. And it's "factory" de-badged. Here is some factory options we ordered: Metis wheels, power driver's seat, side mirror lights, STC, Spaceball, leather steering wheel, fog lights, trip computer, heated seats, cup holder in rear center armrest, ECC...etc. The best part is that the delivery time is only 4 weeks!!!
I will post some pictures right when we get the car.

Tomi

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Tomi,

It sounds like you got a nice car, congratulations! Mistral Green in Europe is called Platinum Green in the US, and Scarab Green in Europe is called Cypress Green in the US. Also, in the US there are only 10 difference color choices, where as in Europe there are 14 color choices. The US does not get Polar Arctic, Nautic Blue, Drak Grey, or Midnight Blue for the S60. Also, presently the US only gets 4 wheel options, where as Europe has 8 different ones for the S60.
I can't wait to see pictures of your new car!

-Drew

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, does anybody really know WHY the colors are called differently in the US than in Europe? And why there is a different range of colors to choose from?

Tomi

·
Registered
339 Posts
the names are different because they probably will appeal more to americans. what is a "mistral" anyway? volvo limits the colors because u.s. dealers stock cars on their lots while europeans dealers do not - customers over there order their cars. too many colors would be a problem to stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts