SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall our XC90 has been pretty good. A few weeks ago we had our first computer gremlin, now a check engine light for a faulty resonator. Dealer said its a three hour fix....finding one, however, had taken just a weeeee bit longer..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Overall our XC90 has been pretty good. A few weeks ago we had our first computer gremlin, now a check engine light for a faulty resonator. Dealer said its a three hour fix....finding one, however, had taken just a weeeee bit longer..
As I understand it, the Resonator is a sound and emissions "box" that quiets the exhaust as well as contains a few sensors for emissions testing.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Then it sounds like muffler but there is no sensor around muffler. Another box on exhaust is the catalytic converter with O2 sensors before and after it. But it is not called as resonator. So dealers all just want to confuse their customer...

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we got the news. Parts we need are on back order. It will be sitting at the dealer in pieces, for at least three weeks.....ugh. Maybe I should ask Volvo to make my next car payment.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think the resonator is that thing that makes Darth Vader's voice sound so cool ...
This is obviously not funny and it is not OK. One of the very large number of Volvo connected people on this Board should step up and help out.

I like my FE MAINLY, but I am not willing to accept Volvo's non-performance. Interestingly enough, my dealer feels the same way and they are tired of hearing about so many issues from what is not so many XC90 owners.

Volvo is asleep and they need to wake up. Volvo is in a business and they have two choices -- perform and prosper -- or remain obtuse and wither.

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is obviously not funny and it is not OK. One of the very large number of Volvo connected people on this Board should step up and help out.

I like my FE MAINLY, but I am not willing to accept Volvo's non-performance. Interestingly enough, my dealer feels the same way and they are tired of hearing about so many issues from what is not so many XC90 owners.

Volvo is asleep and they need to wake up. Volvo is in a business and they have two choices -- perform and prosper -- or remain obtuse and wither.
It was not my intention to downplay the issue. I was just injecting some levity into the thread. The OP has every right to be upset.

·
Banned
763 Posts

An interesting perspective!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts