SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's very unfortunate, but it's a car, a material object. I'm one of the few lucky ones in Staten Island. My hometown is destroyed, lives lost, homes, memories, etc. There is devastation all around me. My son is an FDNY Paramedic who worked during the storm, and the aftermath, it was his job to go thru the debris and find so many missing people. I pray for everyone's recovery.......

·
Registered
506 Posts
OMG, irbrenda, glad to here your OK. That looks like my car! Your right, car whatever, people, I will pray for. Is there anything the Volvo peps can do to help you???

·
Registered
220 Posts
As cruel as Sandy was here : I actually covered my car with a padded covering that I had, and surrounded the exterior with heavy duty pads in the event my garage doors blew in. My son's motorcycle was right behind my car and I feared that thing falling into my car. Yeah, sick, considering my entire town is in shambles!

·
Registered
506 Posts
R U Ok???

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow. Probably a craigslist car now.

Glad those on the forum seem to have come through ok.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, I am very fortunate, but my town is still in shambles and it is unlikely that the homes and businesses along the shore will be restored anytime soon. There are still so many homeless people and incredible devastation for miles. We are so grateful for the huge outpouring of donations from all over. The Red Cross vehicles are still all over helping as best as they can. Staten Islanders have come together to help out the less fortunate, but we are survivors and will get through this. Thank you for everyone's concern. PS: We aren't as "guido" as the TV shows portray us to be! (You know, Mob Wives, Jersey Shore, etc.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts