SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I was curios if other generations and model Volvo parts might fit on the 2003-2014 xc90.
I come from a long run of vw ownership and lots of parts were compatible to different models and generations. Perhaps it's the same to some degree with Volvo?
My family is relatively new to Volvo ownership since early last autumn and we are loving them so far.

Currently I'm looking for an extra set of wheels to run dedicated winter tires on in hopes of prolonging the tires we have now, which are Michelin Premier Ltx.
Are we limited to other 03-14 xc90s for wheels or do other model volvos also have the same bolt pattern and centerbore, which is 5x108 / 67.1 if I'm not mistaken. Not all classified sellers know or disclose the specs.

I've learned that the side door mirrors are the same with the P3 xc70, what other parts might work with our cars?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good idea.

Not sure on the wheels.

HID ballast for the 03 to early build 07 (they changed shortly after 07 production started in summer 2006) share with older A4 and 300C, the 07+ ballast is shared with VW and others. Both ballasts are made by Valeo which also sell the ballasts for less (various sites sell those directly without the volvo stamp).

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Currently I'm looking for an extra set of wheels to run dedicated winter tires on in hopes of prolonging the tires we have now, which are Michelin Premier Ltx.
Are we limited to other 03-14 xc90s for wheels or do other model volvos also have the same bolt pattern and centerbore, which is 5x108 / 67.1 if I'm not mistaken. Not all classified sellers know or disclose the specs.

I've learned that the side door mirrors are the same with the P3 xc70, what other parts might work with our cars?
While the bolt pattern may be the same, you will want to carefully note the load rating of whatever spare set of rims you plan to select for the Winter set-up.

My suggestion: Get the spare set of rims from a salvage yard XC90 (or even our F/S section).

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Mirror glass being the same between 03-06 and 07-14 XC70/XC90 reminded me of a very old post- https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?59402-Blind-Spot

If you are not familiar with the European side mirrors, they have a convex outer third. I have these mirrors on both vehicles (driver side), takes a little getting used to but it's nice to be able to see the left side fully with no visual blind-spot.

Side note- the German girlfriend I mentioned in the 2006 post has been my wife since 2009. Time flies when you're having fun !

** Need to read my old posts sometimes, links are pretty much all dead. If anyone is the least bit interested in knowing what I'm referring to, do an internet search for:
"Volvo "XC70 2007-> XC90 2007-> left door mirror glass base aspherical heated" or
"Volvo XC70 2000-2007 XC90 2002-> left door mirror glass base aspherical heated" depending on your model year.

I have purchased 2 of these mirrors from the same or a similar Latvian seller, delivery is prompt, build quality is great and they heat up fine. They are not water repellent glass but that's no big. The glass is sold for the passenger side as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts