SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of my OTE mounting bolts have managed to rattle out of place in the past year or so. When I can manage to locate some new ones, I will definitely use loctite. Any ideas where to get a hold of these? I can't manage to find the right size. Think this is something I will just have to go to the dealer for?

On another note: I just swapped out my spark plugs and had one break off in the head below the ceramic. Thank God my dad is friends with a Volvo mechanic. Walked me through his process for fixing just that. Its apparently a common problem. Let me know if you're interested in a writeup or if there is already something similar on the site.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I just ordered these. I'm going to have to re-thread both holes. One more reason why (when time permits) I like to work on the car myself. Too many time I see mechanics over tightening screws, nuts and bolts. For a guy who torques everything to spec, it's very annoying. I ordered the two new screws and the washer as part of a larger order from Tasca today. You can probably find equivalent bits for cheaper elsewhere but I was already placing a larger order so it was a matter of convenience.

OUTER BRACKET WASHER 986498
DOOR TRIM PANEL SCREW 986201
FLANGE SCREW 982778

·
Registered
536 Posts
I removed the front bracket. Looks so much cleaner. As long as you have an 04 with the aluminum pipe it's fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts