SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My wife and I are deciding between the T8/Tesla Model X and just got back from the Volvo dealership.

After inquiring about the OSD, the salesperson told us that for the 2016 year there were NO more dates. Is this true? He said we would have to purchase a 2017 model to get the OSD for the T8. We were at least hoping to have some Fall 2016 dates available.

Is this true?

Thanks,

Ashley

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
Ashley,

for Fall 2016, you would need to order a MY17

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Grecian.
So theoretically we could order a T8 to be picked up this Fall, but it would be a 2017 model? Is the pricing out, yet?

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Thanks, Grecian.
So theoretically we could order a T8 to be picked up this Fall, but it would be a 2017 model? Is the pricing out, yet?
Pricing is not out for the 2017 models. I expect that info should be available in early spring...maybe april
As soon as it is... I will post a link to the T8 price list

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ashley,

for Fall 2016, you would need to order a MY17
My wife and I were planning to do an OSD of the XC90 T8 in June of 2016. Does this mean that we can no longer do this?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately.... the 2016 T8's are sold out for OSD
Thanks for your update and confirmation. When do the 2017s generally get released for OSD or is that not available?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for your update and confirmation. When do the 2017s generally get released for OSD or is that not available?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't asking about pricing, I was asking about when the first OSD deliveries for XC90 T8's MY 2017 would be available, in effect, what is likely to be the earliest date that one can now get an OSD of an XC90 T8 since one can no longer get a MY 2016 (sold out).

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I wasn't asking about pricing, I was asking about when the first OSD deliveries for XC90 T8's MY 2017 would be available, in effect, what is likely to be the earliest date that one can now get an OSD of an XC90 T8 since one can no longer get a MY 2016 (sold out).

Thank you!
Great combination.....MY2017 XC90 T8 and OSD!!!! Have fun with the planning......

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

Thank you!
We don't know yet...but my best guess would be sometime in late april/early may

·
Registered
36 Posts
We don't know yet...but my best guess would be sometime in late april/early may
Thanks. I guess I misunderstood before. That sounds like I could actually get an OSD of an XC90 T8 for late May delivery. Awesome. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Thanks. I guess I misunderstood before. That sounds like I could actually get an OSD of an XC90 T8 for late May delivery. Awesome. Thanks again.
You may be able to "order" one by may....but you won't be able to take delivery until later in the summer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
Thanks, Grecian.
So theoretically we could order a T8 to be picked up this Fall, but it would be a 2017 model?
Correct.

Is the pricing out, yet?
No, we are quite some time away from that happening.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yannis, how quickly did the OSD XC90 T6s sell out last year (date)? We're looking into an OSD purchase of a '17 T6, but would like to combine it with a 4th quarter December trip.

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
Yannis, how quickly did the OSD XC90 T6s sell out last year (date)? We're looking into an OSD purchase of a '17 T6, but would like to combine it with a 4th quarter December trip.
Not a good benchmark since the first batch was sold out, quickly and unexpectedly. I think you will be safe getting a MY17 T6 for December 2016. I would suggest you put in your order some time in July or August.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts