SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I plan to do OSD next summer (end of June through July 4th). Is the 6 month wait for the deposit firm? This means that I will have to put the deposit for the 2020 Volvo down in January, when some models or trims may be sold out. I'd be willing to place the deposit and reserve the car I want in November.

If the cars I want is sold out in January and I wait until late April to order a 2021 model, is that too late for a late June OSD?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can’t speak for 2020, but for 2019 we could only place our order 6 months out. So for our June 24th pick up request, our salesman kindly submitted our order on December 24th! We had signed all the paperwork ahead of time and he had saved it in the system but couldn’t click submit until Christmas Eve. Nice Christmas present, huh?

We were able to get our selected delivery date but had to get our vehicle from the dealership’s allotment because XC40s had already sold out for the OSD program by December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can’t speak for 2020, but for 2019 we could only place our order 6 months out. So for our June 24th pick up request, our salesman kindly submitted our order on December 24th! We had signed all the paperwork ahead of time and he had saved it in the system but couldn’t click submit until Christmas Eve. Nice Christmas present, huh?

We were able to get our selected delivery date but had to get our vehicle from the dealership’s allotment because XC40s had already sold out for the OSD program by December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! We are either going to replace our Impreza with an XC40 or our Outback with an XC60 or XC90, so the popularity of the XC40 is kind of worrysome (if Subaru's next gen Outback is incredible I might go for that instead, but the Ascent didn't do it for me). I'll be talking to the dealer in fall about reserving from his allotment.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We ordered ours more than 6 months out (XC90). A later date may be doable, I would ask a lot of questions and possibly communicate with Barbara Chiaramonte in New Jersey. (1-800-631-1667).
OSD is the best.......

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I plan to do OSD next summer (end of June through July 4th). Is the 6 month wait for the deposit firm?
Absolutely not. We wanted a July 2018 OSD for a MY2019 XC90 and placed our order early April 2018 and got it. So that's a 3 month delta. I thought I read old posts of folks with even shorter deltas . . . Timing might be dealer dependent (ie allotment) and model dependent (ie production schedule & availability).
If the cars I want is sold out in January and I wait until late April to order a 2021 model, is that too late for a late June OSD?
OSD orders for the MY2019 XC90 opened up at my dealer early April 2018 so no. Again, timing might be dealer/model dependent. I highly recommend asking the OSD folks in NJ. European OSD started even earlier!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts