SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My wife and I have recently decided to order an XC40, and want to utilize the OSD program.
We've done a ton of research, and even met with a friend who also happens to be a sales manager at a local dealer. Most of our questions have been answered, but there are still a few left...

If we go with Volvo financing, I gather they take care of pretty much everything having to do with customs, registration, taxes, and whatnot, so basically we just go and pick it up once it's been delivered.
If we do outside financing, like Lightstream or even straight up cash, what would we need to do (Washington state)?

Is it possible to get non-standard, or Euro-only options through OSD? For example, we're getting the R-design, but really want the wood accents that only come with the Inscription.

Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
There are many posts on this forum about financing. Suggest you execute a search for details.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I was unable to find specific answers, which is why I posted my questions.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hey all,

My wife and I have recently decided to order an XC40, and want to utilize the OSD program.
We've done a ton of research, and even met with a friend who also happens to be a sales manager at a local dealer. Most of our questions have been answered, but there are still a few left...

If we go with Volvo financing, I gather they take care of pretty much everything having to do with customs, registration, taxes, and whatnot, so basically we just go and pick it up once it's been delivered.
If we do outside financing, like Lightstream or even straight up cash, what would we need to do (Washington state)?

Is it possible to get non-standard, or Euro-only options through OSD? For example, we're getting the R-design, but really want the wood accents that only come with the Inscription.

Thanks!
You get only what is on the order sheet.BITD I am pretty sure you could one off some options. But for a long time now it's pretty standard. Have you seen the build sheet? Scroll down to find your model. Other info also included on this page. if you want Inscription options you better order Inscription level

https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/overseas-delivery

As far as financing you pay 30 days before delivery day. If you do that everything else is included. Or was for us. I think we paid a doc fee that paid for the dealer handling all the paperwork. There is one sheet you need to bring back from the factory. Possibly a Certificate of Origin? Other than that your dealer will handle it. Good question to ask your sales manager

·
Registered
585 Posts
Search for my posts in this sub-forum on this - I posted too much to rewrite it all here. I live in Seattle and financed my OSD purchase via Lightstream. Who you get financing from has nothing to do with customs, registration, taxes, etc. That's a separate process. I did my registration and taxes directly with the DOL. Lightstream is the easiest financing you will find because it's all online and if you get an unsecured loan there is no title lien. which makes the registration even easier - you own the car outright just as if you had given your dealer $50,000 in cash.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We did a regular car loan with our credit union (new york). Just had to explain to them that they wouldn't get a title for a few months. But being they are a small local credit union they were fine with it. 2.75% for 48 months. Like someone said its basically like buying a car the regular way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts