SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Oslo and am considering either

(a) driving back to Gothenburg to drop off my car and then taking the train to Stockholm; or

(b) driving to Stockholm and leaving car there and paying surcharge.

What are the pros and cons of each (other than saving time)?

Thanks,

Carl

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: OSD - Oslo to Stockholm (carl_in_cali)

Quote, originally posted by carl_in_cali »
I will be in Oslo and am considering either

(a) driving back to Gothenburg to drop off my car and then taking the train to Stockholm; or

(b) driving to Stockholm and leaving car there and paying surcharge.

What are the pros and cons of each (other than saving time)?

Thanks,

Carl

I'd probably drive back to Goteborg. It's not a long drive between Oslo and Goteborg, and train service to Stockholm is very easy.
It will be cheaper to take the train to Stockholm than paying the surcharge to ship your car from there (or Oslo). Besides, shipping from cities other than Goteborg or Bremerhaven probably increases the chance of delays with getting your car home since ultimately your car will likely need to be transported to one of these two cities anyway to catch the car transport to N. America.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Re: OSD - Oslo to Stockholm (flybynight)

Flybynight is right. I would take the train to Stockholm from Gothenburg. It's a lot of fun if you've never been on a speed train. I think it cost me around 280 for the one way ticket and we got served a meal. It will probably cost the same when you add up the gas for the trip and the transport fee for your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts