SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about placing an OSD order from atlanta Dealers, but on reading the forms I realized that I need to pickup the car in Gothenburg, but due to my visa I wouldn’t be able to travel in the next 6 months atleast, is it mandatory to have the car picked up there or can J have it delivered to US to my local dealership?
2) I am looking to purchase an XC60 T8 Extended Range, if placed an OSD would it still be eligible for tax credit in US?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get your passport updated now. It will be 6 months most likely before an OSD order for a 2023 XC60 T8 Extended Range to be available for pick up. There are no 2022 models presently available for OSD.

Yes, you have to in person pick up the car at the Factory Delivery Center near Gothenburg.

The tax credit currently makes no distinction between OSD and domestic acquired models. Keep in mind tax laws could change in 6 months.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Also, the earliest an OSD order can be placed is 6 months in advance.

Bill

Reactions: northcar

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
OSD can be 4 months in advance, but currently they aren't taking orders so it's a bit of a moot point. I hope this will change soon though. Under the current, and I would say normal, rules of the program you would have to pick up in Sweden exception for the S60 since that is already made here the won't ship that over to Sweden.

·
Registered
2022 XC60 T8
188 Posts
OSD can be 4 months in advance
Last summer we placed our OSD order 2 months in advance -- though had to pick an already-spec'd-model that was in fact built the week we placed the order. Luckily there was one that was pretty much exactly what we wanted (except we had to get (and pay for) 20" wheels as opposed to the base 18" ones.) That's clearly not normal, and it probably helped that we could travel to Sweden while most Americans couldn't, but with a bit of flexibility apparently is possible.

Reactions: northcar

·
Registered
147 Posts
Last summer we placed our OSD order 2 months in advance -- though had to pick an already-spec'd-model that was in fact built the week we placed the order. Luckily there was one that was pretty much exactly what we wanted (except we had to get (and pay for) 20" wheels as opposed to the base 18" ones.) That's clearly not normal, and it probably helped that we could travel to Sweden while most Americans couldn't, but with a bit of flexibility apparently is possible.
Same here . We got a call from our dealer that they had a car in the pipeline with 24 hours to make changes. We could have taken delivery very quickly, but chose to travel over our son’s spring break

1 - 10 of 10 Posts